Solo mining released

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Solo mining released

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:54 pm

The solo mining feature has now been released. Additional information is available in the documentation, near the "password arguments."

Thanks for your understanding while we released the code and profiled and restarted the server. Everything should be back to normal now. Feel free to contact us if you have any problems.
JoeTheMiner

Re: Solo mining released

Post by JoeTheMiner » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:14 am

Awesome! This is a very nice new feature in my opinion.

Keep up the great work.
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:00 pm

Solo mining = pointless longterm.

IMO... more effort should be put into profit algo optimization =)
salamonovitz

Post by salamonovitz » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:02 am

hello how do i make solo mining with my baikal giant?? i have tried c=COIN I WANT m=solo and it doesn't work... please help... i want to mine cannabis coin...
bajula

Post by bajula » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Solo fol too ma kay chalia.* have you done (example) c=litecoin m=solo n=bob ?

*I like Captain Solo where he is. - sorry couldn't help it.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:33 pm

bajula wrote:Solo fol too ma kay chalia.* have you done (example) c=litecoin m=solo n=bob ?

*I like Captain Solo where he is. - sorry couldn't help it.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:42 pm

way to bump a year old thread
salamonovitz

Post by salamonovitz » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:53 am

i want to solo mine with x11 algorithm... so can you give me an example how do i configure it?? cause my miner goes down everytime i put those codes...
i have tried with a=x11 c=Cannabiscoin m=solo
tried with c=Cannabiscoin m=solo
tried the same but with " "
i don't know what else to do... hope you can help me!
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:40 am

If all you want to do is solo mine a single coin to get that coin as a payout, there are probably other pools with a lower fee.
The idea of this pool is you use your device to mine the best coin at the time, whatever that coin is, the system decides for you, and you earn $$$ that you can then decide how it gets paid out...in 1 coin, split across several coins...you decide the payout, the system decides what you mine.

If all you want is solo, I would recommend finding a pool with only a 1% fee to mine it on, so IF/WHEN you find your reward you get more of it.
Unless you are trying to alter a coin market value or payouts or difficulties, solo mining on a multi-switching pool seems kinda counter-productive unless you want to mine coin X and get paid out in coin Y. But again I think other pools for mining will have a lower fee so you keep more.
bajula

Post by bajula » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:57 am

Disclaimer: Coffee is still brewing, none in me yet!! Warning!! :Personally one of the things I rather like about this place is that you have the options, so if the fella wants to solo mine a specific coin at the switching pools.. well on this one it is possible so more power to him. :) Side note : @GregoryGHarding I'm not sure I'd count it at a bump per se, the guy (salamonovitz) was just asking a question appropriate to solo mining, don't bumps tend to be self promotion of something folks are a little irked that other folks aren't paying attention to? :)

So anyway @salamonovitz Best I can figure that should have worked. shouldn't need the algo except for multi algo coins I'm thinking. might be that the wallet is in error, or however it is listed internally by the pool? Not sure.