What's going on with Verge(Lyra2Rev2)?

psylocyber avatar
psylocyber
Archived posts: 19
Joined: Mar 24, 2018

What's going on with Verge(Lyra2Rev2)?

by psylocyber · · Post #25193

I just bought a Dayun ZigMiner Z1 Pro 13GH and am researching the best place to mine with it and I noticed Verge isn't being mined in the Lyra2 pool. It says under coin "All algorithms for this coin are disabled or in error" and it's been this way for a day or 2. But I was just on a couple of other pools and they are mining the ______ out of it. I believe it is the main, and most profitable coin for that algorithm. The Live prices for Lyra2rev2 was down quite a bit too, but they are back up now. It just seems that monacoin could use a little help.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like something needs to get fixed. I want to keep my rigs at prohashing as much as I can.
Thanks for any info about this, I'm new to Lyra2 mining. I'm waiting for my rig to arrive, but getting prepped.
Steve Sokolowski avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Archived posts: 4559
Joined: Aug 27, 2014

Re: What's going on with Verge(Lyra2Rev2)?

by Steve Sokolowski · · Post #25306

psylocyber wrote: I just bought a Dayun ZigMiner Z1 Pro 13GH and am researching the best place to mine with it and I noticed Verge isn't being mined in the Lyra2 pool. It says under coin "All algorithms for this coin are disabled or in error" and it's been this way for a day or 2. But I was just on a couple of other pools and they are mining the ______ out of it. I believe it is the main, and most profitable coin for that algorithm. The Live prices for Lyra2rev2 was down quite a bit too, but they are back up now. It just seems that monacoin could use a little help.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like something needs to get fixed. I want to keep my rigs at prohashing as much as I can.
Thanks for any info about this, I'm new to Lyra2 mining. I'm waiting for my rig to arrive, but getting prepped.
Unfortunately, the Verge network has become unstable and we decided to temporarily discontinue the coin. With version 4, we can't connect to any peers, and with version 5, all of our blocks are rejected by the network.

Verge is supposed to release a version 6 that they claim will resolve these issues. We're going to wait until version 6 is released, and a week passes to see if there are any bugs, and then try to resume mining with version 6.