Bad profit

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
CritterDog

Re: Bad profit

Post by CritterDog » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:51 am

Good 24hour LTC test.. The restarts seem fixed!! All 7 of my miners stayed under the re-start penalty very nice.. They do have to run a while before the restarts settle below the penalty so any re-boots will cost because they have to settle in again.. I can definatley tell things are better! Ran very nice for 24 hours non stop. Payouts were improved.. Hash rates were jumping all around mainly on the A2 but only with the coin changes and it never got stuck like it did before..I did not time this on the payout so still need to do that. It's to hot for the next few days but will do a payout test when I can.. Looking much better though!
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:06 am

CritterDog wrote:Good 24hour LTC test.. The restarts seem fixed!! All 7 of my miners stayed under the re-start penalty very nice.. They do have to run a while before the restarts settle below the penalty so any re-boots will cost because they have to settle in again.. I can definatley tell things are better! Ran very nice for 24 hours non stop. Payouts were improved.. Hash rates were jumping all around mainly on the A2 but only with the coin changes and it never got stuck like it did before..I did not time this on the payout so still need to do that. It's to hot for the next few days but will do a payout test when I can.. Looking much better though!
We've made a lot of minor tweaks that have improved things. I think what happened is that something in the market conditions changed back in February, but we seem to have gotten on top of it now. Our major problem right now is the orphan rates in litecoin, which when they take effect should improve profits by 7%. We already pushed up a suspected fix, and as orphans fall out the back of the one-month window, the litecoin orphan rate should decrease unless it turns out that we still continue to see orphans.

We've been able to be more profitable since we raised the bitcoin payout threshold, which means that the high bitcoin fees are no longer eating into our profits. The higher threshold allows people who still want bitcoin payouts to take the fees, or they can earn 1% more by choosing a different payout coin. Either way, the fees are not passed on to people who don't care about the bitcoin network.

We're also looking into trading. I think there are some ways that we can earn even more profit by adjusting our trading algorithms slightly. There are some error conditions that we no longer need because the system has new features that are smarter, so we are going to remove those errors and allow more coins to be mined, which will increase profits.
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:57 pm

Nice work and great to see you beat the expected LTC price yesterday! I just re-pointed my Titans to test you out for 24 hours.
gaanthony

Post by gaanthony » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:27 pm

It's still a little over 1 LTC/day difference less here with my Titans than what I mine directly in LTC at Litecoinpool.org. Also noticed that hash rate shown on the Live Worker status here is often less than what the miners GUI shows by about 30 Mhs/sec. And combined total hash rate for my miners here is less than by about that amount on the LTC pool.
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:12 pm

gaanthony wrote:It's still a little over 1 LTC/day difference less here with my Titans than what I mine directly in LTC at Litecoinpool.org. Also noticed that hash rate shown on the Live Worker status here is often less than what the miners GUI shows by about 30 Mhs/sec. And combined total hash rate for my miners here is less than by about that amount on the LTC pool.
I am back over at litecoinpool tonight and I am finding the same as what you just said about hashrate. I show a diff of about 10Mhs higher and payout over 12 hours
Prohash 12 hours .675 LTC
Litecoinpool still have 45 mins until 12 hours and at .80 LTC
Ouch!! :(
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:02 pm

CritterDog wrote:
gaanthony wrote:It's still a little over 1 LTC/day difference less here with my Titans than what I mine directly in LTC at Litecoinpool.org. Also noticed that hash rate shown on the Live Worker status here is often less than what the miners GUI shows by about 30 Mhs/sec. And combined total hash rate for my miners here is less than by about that amount on the LTC pool.
I am back over at litecoinpool tonight and I am finding the same as what you just said about hashrate. I show a diff of about 10Mhs higher and payout over 12 hours
Prohash 12 hours .675 LTC
Litecoinpool still have 45 mins until 12 hours and at .80 LTC
Ouch!! :(
We had three breakthroughs today. I think you might be pleased.

The first is that the pool can actually make more money if we assign the miners with the longest work restart delays to the least profitable coins. That's because the most profitable coins have increased hashrate due to the lack of work restarts slowing them down.

The second is that we were able to come up with a repeatable pattern that means that miners will rarely be reassigned to a new coin except when a block is found or the profitability increases so much that it's worth taking the restart.

The final change is that we can mine extremely easy coins by sending miners a high difficulty and then simply reducing profitability by a bit. Even with the high difficulty, the coin is still insanely profitable.

I'll write about these changes soon in a status update. They are all active now.
Minerman

Post by Minerman » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:08 am

So I did another shorter test after the "breakthrough" and the results:

Litecoinpool: 5.1 LTC

Prohash: 4.7 LTC.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:33 am

Minerman wrote:So I did another shorter test after the "breakthrough" and the results:

Litecoinpool: 5.1 LTC

Prohash: 4.7 LTC.
I'm at a loss to explain this. You can see for yourself how the pool made a huge profit yesterday on the charts page. I checked the shares submitted and there were a few coins that made us significantly more money than the day before.
Minerman

Post by Minerman » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:19 am

It might have been to short test.
I will try a longer one later on...
gaanthony

Post by gaanthony » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:22 am

Similar results here. 11 hours at Prohash 4.04 LTC, Litecoinpool 4.58 LTC. In the Liveworker status my Hashrate shows around 712 MHs combines when the miner GUIs show 849 MHs combined. Rejects are 0.29% each miner and hardware errors are 0.55% each miner. Same as I see on the other pool.