L3+ - Very SMALL returns being made ? something changed?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Jalapan

Re: L3+ - Very SMALL returns being made ? something changed?

Post by Jalapan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:42 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:The numbers, as far as we can tell, are correct. While there are bugs that result in rejected shares, Bitconnectcoin crashed and took out scrypt profitability with it. It lost about 20% of value, but has since recovered.

There are also a lot of L3 miners coming online, driving up the difficulty. This chart at https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty shows that Litecoin difficulty has increased by a factor of 10 since earlier in the year. Expect profits to decline as more L3s arrive.
Would you suggest automatic diff with L3+ or a static diff with 131k as suggested by alot forum members. ?
supershui

Post by supershui » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:47 am

Did anything change?
S3KshuN8

Post by S3KshuN8 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:07 am

So it wasn't just me who saw this happen. I don't even have my L3+ yet, was running a KnC Titan on NiceHash and the daily profits were cut in half around that time but it picked right back up within a day or so.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:21 pm

I'm wondering if whatever is causing the WAMP server to disconnect is also causing this issue with profitability. The problem is that every 30s or so, the connection to the live data is timing out.

Chris is working on that right now, so perhaps we'll find out more later in the day.
Jalapan

Post by Jalapan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:32 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:I'm wondering if whatever is causing the WAMP server to disconnect is also causing this issue with profitability. The problem is that every 30s or so, the connection to the live data is timing out.

Chris is working on that right now, so perhaps we'll find out more later in the day.
You mean you think the stale/rejected with static difficulty is part of the same problem as WAMP?

If you it would be nice to smash two bugs with one rock ;)
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:26 pm

Jalapan wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:I'm wondering if whatever is causing the WAMP server to disconnect is also causing this issue with profitability. The problem is that every 30s or so, the connection to the live data is timing out.

You mean you think the stale/rejected with static difficulty is part of the same problem as WAMP?

No, they are separate issues.

The stale shares are caused by a change we made to reduce CPU load on the mining server. It isn't able to fully evaluate coin assignments at present due to performance problems, so it issues stale shares as a result.

The new code that we are trying to release fixes the problem, but we haven't been able to get it out because of the WAMP problems. Chris is working on the issue now, and if he can't get it done today, we'll try again on Aug 27.
Jalapan

Post by Jalapan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
Jalapan wrote:

No, they are separate issues.

The stale shares are caused by a change we made to reduce CPU load on the mining server. It isn't able to fully evaluate coin assignments at present due to performance problems, so it issues stale shares as a result.

The new code that we are trying to release fixes the problem, but we haven't been able to get it out because of the WAMP problems. Chris is working on the issue now, and if he can't get it done today, we'll try again on Aug 27.
27th of August?? :shock:
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:55 pm

Chris is going on vacation next week, and then we will be away for the eclipse, so that is the next available release date.

However, I think that Chris was able to figure out the WAMP server issue and we may try again in a few minutes.
HobertHa

Post by HobertHa » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:17 am

S3KsheuN8 wrote:So it wasn't just me who saw http://www.ctheory.com/ the dieting views happen. I don't even have my L3+ yet, was running a KnC Titan on NiceHash and the daily profits were cut in half around that time but it picked right back up within a day or so.
Small returns is better than no returns imo.