Questions regarding Solo mining..

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
GenTarkin

Questions regarding Solo mining..

Post by GenTarkin » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:42 am

So, Im quite confused by it.
I see I still get paid the coin Im solo mining even if I dont find a block for it, I assume this is from all the merged mining?

The more puzzling thing is why do I have balances from all these other coins that I get paid in on a more rare occasion... do I get paid those respective coins coins individually when I actually find a block for the main coin I'm mining? and I dont get paid in a merged mining manner as I do in the situation abov?

Thanks
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Questions regarding Solo mining..

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:35 am

GenTarkin wrote:So, Im quite confused by it.
I see I still get paid the coin Im solo mining even if I dont find a block for it, I assume this is from all the merged mining?

The more puzzling thing is why do I have balances from all these other coins that I get paid in on a more rare occasion... do I get paid those respective coins coins individually when I actually find a block for the main coin I'm mining? and I dont get paid in a merged mining manner as I do in the situation abov?

Thanks
In solo mining, there are two types of rewards: the coin you are mining and the merge mined coins.

The coin you are mining gets paid in the same coin, but only if you find blocks. You pay a 2.5% reduced fee on solo mining because we don't lose money due to slippage or transaction fees.

You also get paid for every share at the payout proportions you have selected. That money comes from merge mining. Right now, it's about 10% of the earnings you would expect if you solo mined the most profitable coin.

If you only want to earn the coin that you are solo mining, then change your payout proportions to pay 100% in that coin. You'll receive the blocks you find in the main coin, and the 100% payout proportion will be used for all the merge mining coins.
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:58 pm

Ah, interesting.... See I had my payout proportion set to 100% in BTC still so solo mining was acting something like:
For every share I was being paid in the target coin Im solo mining, EXCEPT when I found a block in one of those merged mined coins I was getting paid in those merged mined coins respective coins.
I just switched my payout proportion to 100% of the coin Im solo mining ... will see if the behaviour changes to what you stated above =)
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:00 am

GenTarkin wrote:Ah, interesting.... See I had my payout proportion set to 100% in BTC still so solo mining was acting something like:
For every share I was being paid in the target coin Im solo mining, EXCEPT when I found a block in one of those merged mined coins I was getting paid in those merged mined coins respective coins.
I just switched my payout proportion to 100% of the coin Im solo mining ... will see if the behaviour changes to what you stated above =)
Let me know how that works out. If there's still an issue, then I'll investigate, because it's possible that you found a bug.
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:19 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
GenTarkin wrote:Ah, interesting.... See I had my payout proportion set to 100% in BTC still so solo mining was acting something like:
Let me know how that works out. If there's still an issue, then I'll investigate, because it's possible that you found a bug.

Yeah... it seems its working the same way. Merged mined coins get paid in my solo coin designation unless I find a block for those merge mined coins. Then I get paid full block reward of whatever merged mined coin I mine. Which is fine, Im not complaining about that. Just wish that full reward was paid out in the coin Im solo mining. Like normal(non block) merge mined shares do.

Also, there is a bug w/ *live worker status* in solo mining.... its always stuck on "Calculating hashrate" at the bottom.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:52 pm

GenTarkin wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:

Yeah... it seems its working the same way. Merged mined coins get paid in my solo coin designation unless I find a block for those merge mined coins. Then I get paid full block reward of whatever merged mined coin I mine. Which is fine, Im not complaining about that. Just wish that full reward was paid out in the coin Im solo mining. Like normal(non block) merge mined shares do.

Also, there is a bug w/ *live worker status* in solo mining.... its always stuck on "Calculating hashrate" at the bottom.
Thanks for the reports! I'll investigate these and hopefully we'll find a fix within a few days.
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:39 am

OK, it looks as if my solo mined blocks for merged mined coins are now being paid out correctly in my target solo mined coin .... WELL .... Im not getting paid out seperately in the merged mined coins anymore .... but how do I find if they are actually being paid into my target solo mined coin?...
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:43 am

GenTarkin wrote:OK, it looks as if my solo mined blocks for merged mined coins are now being paid out correctly in my target solo mined coin .... WELL .... Im not getting paid out seperately in the merged mined coins anymore .... but how do I find if they are actually being paid into my target solo mined coin?...
I apologize for not seeing this post until recently. We made and released some changes last week to fix the problems you reported. What was supposed to happen is that merge-mined coins are to be paid out for every share in the target coin you are solo mining, and that's what should happen now. Previously, what was happening was that merge mined coins were being paid out when you found a merge mined block and in the payout proportion coins. The payouts for the merge mining coin remain the same.

Let me know if that isn't what you are seeing. I will investigate the user interface issues today and get back to you later.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:50 am

GenTarkin wrote:OK, it looks as if my solo mined blocks for merged mined coins are now being paid out correctly in my target solo mined coin .... WELL .... Im not getting paid out seperately in the merged mined coins anymore .... but how do I find if they are actually being paid into my target solo mined coin?...
Could you let me know if you decide to try solo mining again? I can't reproduce the "calculating hashrate" issue. Whenever you do that, I'll look at your account and be able to get better information on what's wrong.
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:49 pm

If I go back to solomining, will let ya know =)