- We now have a positive reserve of about $300,000, so we plan to re-enable bitcoin mining within 2 or 3 days. That should increase SHA-256 profitability by about 1%.
- I'll be posting a forum post tomorrow or Wednesday asking for suggestions about what new features we should discuss at the July 3-4 company meeting.
- There are some significant performance improvements coming this week to the website. Constance already improved the loading speed of the homepage; she will be applying the same changes to the dashboard, details, and "Settings" pages. The primary optimization is delaying the loading of data for parts of the page that are not above the fold until the customer scrolls down.
- The bug we were searching for in Ethereum for three weeks appears to be fixed. For an unknown reason, some ethash miners ignore the extranonce1 values we provide to them and choose their own. These miners appear to be much more likely to find blocks than miners that use our nonces. It may also be the case that the same miners are ignoring our nonces when blocks are found, and short nonces when they are not. Given that this issue has been resolved, the number of mining server restarts should be reduced.
- Several customers have asked us to add additional algorithms to the pool. That's one option we are considering for our path next week. In terms of specific algorithms, CryptonightV1 presents significant technical challenges that we estimated would cost more to implement than we could earn through mining it. With other algorithms, many of them, like X16R, cannot be added because most of the coins for the algorithm are traded only at exchanges that do not accept US customers. You can help by finding exchanges that trade X16R coins and which also accept US customers.
Discussion of development releases of Prohashing.
1 post • Page 1 of 1