Bitcoin PPLNS promotion

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Post Reply
OneOfThePetes
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:40 pm
Contact:

Bitcoin PPLNS promotion

Post by OneOfThePetes » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:50 pm

Hi Prohashing!

Firstly, thanks for such a useful mining pool! I have moved all my ASICS over to your service, as I really like how it works, and also the transparency is refreshing!

I have a quick question about the current Bitcoin PPLNS promotion you are running...

I have noticed after running PPLNS for a few days that this round is still ongoing.
It made me wonder how often prohashing actually finds at BTC block..

When was the last time a BTC block was found on prohashing?
OneOfThePetes
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Bitcoin PPLNS promotion

Post by OneOfThePetes » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:20 am

Anyone?

When was the last time a block was found on Prohashing?

Image

The documentation talks of a historic button, however it is not visible for me.

Image
User avatar
Sarah Manter
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:15 am

Re: Bitcoin PPLNS promotion

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:59 am

Your screenshot, which shows that we are on the first round, is accurate. A BTC block has not yet been found PPLNS mining.
OneOfThePetes
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Bitcoin PPLNS promotion

Post by OneOfThePetes » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:13 pm

Sarah Manter wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:59 am Your screenshot, which shows that we are on the first round, is accurate. A BTC block has not yet been found PPLNS mining.
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your reply, however my question isn't about whether we are on the first round.

I asked how long it has been since prohashing had found a block of BTC, and where is the "historic" button mentioned in the documentation?

Is it me being blind? haha! I just can't find the button!

Thanks again!
User avatar
Sarah Manter
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:15 am

Re: Bitcoin PPLNS promotion

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:48 pm

OneOfThePetes wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:13 pm
Sarah Manter wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:59 am Your screenshot, which shows that we are on the first round, is accurate. A BTC block has not yet been found PPLNS mining.
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your reply, however my question isn't about whether we are on the first round.

I asked how long it has been since prohashing had found a block of BTC, and where is the "historic" button mentioned in the documentation?

Is it me being blind? haha! I just can't find the button!

Thanks again!
I looked into this some more. So my answer from before that we have not yet found a BTC block was correct but only for the last 45 days. The records of the last time we found a BTC block have been archived, so we would need to restore old archived data to find it at this point. However, the last block would have been earlier this year and would have been a PPS block.

Unfortunately, that historic button you are looking for does not exist in the code, and that line of text may have been from before they switched over to the newer website. So no, it's definitely not you. That button no longer exists. I'm sorry for the confusion!
OneOfThePetes
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Bitcoin PPLNS promotion

Post by OneOfThePetes » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:52 pm

Sarah Manter wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:48 pm I looked into this some more. So my answer from before that we have not yet found a BTC block was correct but only for the last 45 days. The records of the last time we found a BTC block have been archived, so we would need to restore old archived data to find it at this point. However, the last block would have been earlier this year and would have been a PPS block.

Unfortunately, that historic button you are looking for does not exist in the code, and that line of text may have been from before they switched over to the newer website. So no, it's definitely not you. That button no longer exists. I'm sorry for the confusion!
Thanks Sarah :)
Appreciate your response!

I have my fingers crossed that collectively we mine a block!

Maybe I will take a day off work when we do, and go drink the block reward! :)
User avatar
Sarah Manter
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:15 am

Re: Bitcoin PPLNS promotion

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:29 pm

OneOfThePetes wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:52 pm
Sarah Manter wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:48 pm I looked into this some more. So my answer from before that we have not yet found a BTC block was correct but only for the last 45 days. The records of the last time we found a BTC block have been archived, so we would need to restore old archived data to find it at this point. However, the last block would have been earlier this year and would have been a PPS block.

Unfortunately, that historic button you are looking for does not exist in the code, and that line of text may have been from before they switched over to the newer website. So no, it's definitely not you. That button no longer exists. I'm sorry for the confusion!
Thanks Sarah :)
Appreciate your response!

I have my fingers crossed that collectively we mine a block!

Maybe I will take a day off work when we do, and go drink the block reward! :)
Image
Post Reply