RandomX Monero Algo

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
NearlyDeparted

RandomX Monero Algo

Post by NearlyDeparted » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:32 pm

Any chance on bringing back Monero mining with RandomX algorithm?
Steve Sokolowski

Re: RandomX Monero Algo

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:04 pm

NearlyDeparted wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:32 pm Any chance on bringing back Monero mining with RandomX algorithm?
We would love to do that - but unfortunately, CryptoNight mining never draw a large number of customers, and our focus right now has to be on stopping the losses of customers on our primary algorithms. Over the past few days, the number of workers has dramatically declined across scrypt and SHA-256.

Constance and Vance are hard at work on a new website, and I'm investigating a bug in ethash that might be discouraging some miners from joining the pool. We do hope to return Monero mining once the website is out and we've stabilized the scrypt and SHA-256 hashrates, though!
NearlyDeparted

Post by NearlyDeparted » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:03 pm

Checking in on this to see if there is still a chance.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:54 pm

NearlyDeparted wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:03 pm Checking in on this to see if there is still a chance.
I'd love to give positive news, but unfortunately we still don't see how re-adding Monero is the most profitable use of our time right now.

We are currently focused 100% on getting the documentation updated and making sure the terminology used on the website is standardized, as one of the big issues that was reported by customers was that they had trouble using all of Prohashing's features. Once the documentation is updated, we're then going to put all of our effort into resolving issues with the website and making it more intuitive to use, for at least until Christmas.

For the foreseeable future, I don't see how pools that are mining smaller algorithms are going to be able to survive profitably. There just isn't enough market capitalization in these small coins, and bitcoin dominance continues to grow every day. The reason why our focus has moved to the website is to create features to draw in big ASIC customers, and that focus seems to have been successful so far.

I hope that the smaller coins will regain marketshare someday, and when that happens, we'll be the first to devote resources towards them!
imqrtin

Post by imqrtin » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:01 am

How about now in 2022? i wanna see if there's still a chance too. :D
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:03 am

imqrtin wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:01 am How about now in 2022? i wanna see if there's still a chance too. :D
This quarter we are focusing on heightening knowledge. Those of us who are new or relatively new to PROHASHING are taking a beat to train and make sure we have all the knowledge and skills we need to give you the best experience we can here at PROHASHING. We are also working to make sure that customers have the best access to any knowledge you need. Once we've trained up our newbies, the goal is to then be back to adding new features/algorithms/coins, and while I can't promise anything, I know that CPU mining has been brought up more than once as something we need to spend some time on.