Does L3+ require specific setup?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
3Moose

Re: Does L3+ require specific setup?

Post by 3Moose » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:35 pm

arensirb wrote:Right now I pointed my machines back on prohashing to test it out. 6 pcs.
I'm at 92.31% miner efficiency.
How long does it take before I can assume I have a valid number for efficiency?
I usually give it an hour to make sure that I am getting, receiving and crediting property.
arensirb

Post by arensirb » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:50 pm

3Moose wrote:
arensirb wrote:Right now I pointed my machines back on prohashing to test it out. 6 pcs.
I'm at 92.31% miner efficiency.
How long does it take before I can assume I have a valid number for efficiency?
I usually give it an hour to make sure that I am getting, receiving and crediting property.
I went back to nicehash.. I am loosing too much using prohashing.. $15 is just not acceptable per miner when I'm getting more on nicehash
3Moose

Post by 3Moose » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:13 pm

Nicehash says an L3 is getting 18.33 right now. On prohash today, I'll looking at 20.71
arensirb

Post by arensirb » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:17 pm

3Moose wrote:Nicehash says an L3 is getting 18.33 right now. On prohash today, I'll looking at 20.71
"ok"..
0.0351 BTC/day
153.97 USD/day

6 pcs..
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:44 pm

This is my issue with nicehash....you click on how much can I make with my L3+ today and you get a number 125.83 but that is the RIGHT NOW price.

Wait 10 mins and hit the refresh.....101.97
wait 10 mins more and hit the refresh again......130.43
Oh look, an hour later.....99.54

They advertise whatever price they want that is higher to sucker you over to their site, and then they give you partial what they claimed they would give when you checked it in the morning. Prohash does something similiar, with the live profit feeds on the forums and charts pages.
Only instead of showing what that percent would equal in a daily payout if it stayed that way the whole day, they show the per second payment instead of the daily. That just makes it easier to compare the price of what PH is paying now vs say litecoins. When people log in, see what the pool is mining is less than the litecoin price, they pass it over and leave.

I think the bar graphs and fluxing live profits are more of a negative to the site than a positive one. People in the chat complain when they pointed their miners here it was paying 6.8 cents a second on the graph and they the next day they only made $15. And the people who come in, comment why is the pool working on a coin less profitable than litecoins...and they leave.
3Moose

Post by 3Moose » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:25 pm

AppleMiner wrote:This is my issue with nicehash....you click on how much can I make with my L3+ today and you get a number 125.83 but that is the RIGHT NOW price.

Wait 10 mins and hit the refresh.....101.97
wait 10 mins more and hit the refresh again......130.43
Oh look, an hour later.....99.54

They advertise whatever price they want that is higher to sucker you over to their site, and then they give you partial what they claimed they would give when you checked it in the morning. Prohash does something similiar, with the live profit feeds on the forums and charts pages.
Only instead of showing what that percent would equal in a daily payout if it stayed that way the whole day, they show the per second payment instead of the daily. That just makes it easier to compare the price of what PH is paying now vs say litecoins. When people log in, see what the pool is mining is less than the litecoin price, they pass it over and leave.

I think the bar graphs and fluxing live profits are more of a negative to the site than a positive one. People in the chat complain when they pointed their miners here it was paying 6.8 cents a second on the graph and they the next day they only made $15. And the people who come in, comment why is the pool working on a coin less profitable than litecoins...and they leave.

I think that is why it only makes sense to use the final numbers from the day before as a comp. As of 7pm tonight, with 19 hours completed, I have averaged 0.87719 per hour or an expected daily value of $21.05