No shares whatsoever

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
cdn_rin
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:48 pm

No shares whatsoever

Post by cdn_rin » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi,
I'm using pooler-cpuminer-2.5.0-win64 with config

Code: Select all

minerd --url stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333 --userpass [valid user]:""
I just started to play around crypto. Miner seems to be working, it's visible on site, but for a few hours I had no valid shares. I tried some other pools with minersgate and some monero miners and they submit a lot of valid shares even with my weak ~100H/s. Maybe I just don't understand something, but reading help and FAQ gets me nowhere.
Any ideas?
GregoryGHarding
Posts: 665
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: No shares whatsoever

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:24 pm

not enough details... what algo are you trying to mine, what username/ password arguments are you using
cdn_rin
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:48 pm

Re: No shares whatsoever

Post by cdn_rin » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Username is my prohashing.com login, password is just empty "", so scrypt should be my algoryth by default. I just went with basic setup from "Get Started". Also tried using password "a=" (same result) and "a=scrypt" (can't even connect).
GregoryGHarding
Posts: 665
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: No shares whatsoever

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:37 pm

cdn_rin wrote:Username is my prohashing.com login, password is just empty "", so scrypt should be my algoryth by default. I just went with basic setup from "Get Started". Also tried using password "a=" (same result) and "a=scrypt" (can't even connect).
what build of minerd are you using, because i see you are not specifying a algorythm to use in the miner software config
cdn_rin
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:48 pm

Re: No shares whatsoever

Post by cdn_rin » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:51 pm

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but trying my best. I went here: https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer then downloaded pooler-cpuminer-2.5.0-win64.zip from Downloads link (readme). That was the first page when i googled "scrypt cpu miner". Hope that helps
GregoryGHarding
Posts: 665
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: No shares whatsoever

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:09 pm

cdn_rin wrote:I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but trying my best. I went here: https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer then downloaded pooler-cpuminer-2.5.0-win64.zip from Downloads link (readme). That was the first page when i googled "scrypt cpu miner". Hope that helps
try adding --algo=scrypt to your config
cdn_rin
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:48 pm

Re: No shares whatsoever

Post by cdn_rin » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:20 pm

Nothing changes, miner visible on website, no valid shares.

Code: Select all

E:\pooler-cpuminer-2.5.0-win64-new>minerd --algo=scrypt -o stratum+tcp://prohash
ing.com:3333 -u Rinue -p ""
[2017-10-05 21:13:11] Binding thread 1 to cpu 1
[2017-10-05 21:13:11] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333
[2017-10-05 21:13:11] Binding thread 0 to cpu 0
[2017-10-05 21:13:11] Binding thread 2 to cpu 2
[2017-10-05 21:13:11] 4 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2017-10-05 21:13:11] Binding thread 3 to cpu 3
[2017-10-05 21:13:20] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:13:21] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:13:21] thread 1: 4104 hashes, 19.18 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:21] thread 2: 4104 hashes, 18.91 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:21] thread 3: 4104 hashes, 19.54 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:21] thread 0: 4104 hashes, 10.89 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:31] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:13:31] thread 2: 191448 hashes, 19.02 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:31] thread 3: 190248 hashes, 19.14 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:31] thread 1: 195000 hashes, 19.37 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:31] thread 0: 190824 hashes, 19.34 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:46] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:13:46] thread 2: 255120 hashes, 17.48 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:46] thread 0: 230400 hashes, 15.79 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:46] thread 3: 254856 hashes, 17.46 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:46] thread 1: 238056 hashes, 16.31 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:50] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:13:50] thread 2: 59208 hashes, 14.17 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:50] thread 3: 66840 hashes, 16.00 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:50] thread 0: 63528 hashes, 15.21 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:50] thread 1: 60456 hashes, 14.48 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:14:40] thread 1: 868848 hashes, 17.38 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:14:41] thread 2: 850488 hashes, 16.66 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:14:44] thread 0: 912336 hashes, 16.94 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:14:47] thread 3: 960120 hashes, 16.73 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:15:39] thread 2: 999360 hashes, 17.37 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:15:42] thread 1: 1042800 hashes, 16.86 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:15:45] thread 3: 1004088 hashes, 17.55 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:15:47] thread 0: 1016352 hashes, 16.13 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:16:42] thread 2: 1042104 hashes, 16.34 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:16:45] thread 1: 1011840 hashes, 16.10 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:16:46] thread 0: 967776 hashes, 16.24 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:16:47] thread 3: 1052760 hashes, 16.83 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:16] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:17:16] thread 1: 528120 hashes, 16.65 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:16] thread 2: 594384 hashes, 17.63 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:16] thread 3: 520704 hashes, 17.79 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:16] thread 0: 480288 hashes, 16.04 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:34] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:17:34] thread 2: 318264 hashes, 18.25 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:34] thread 0: 310992 hashes, 17.86 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:34] thread 1: 305304 hashes, 17.51 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:34] thread 3: 314856 hashes, 18.06 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:46] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:17:46] thread 2: 207192 hashes, 16.57 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:46] thread 3: 229872 hashes, 18.38 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:46] thread 1: 214536 hashes, 17.16 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:46] thread 0: 217200 hashes, 17.34 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:49] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:17:49] thread 1: 48120 hashes, 16.03 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:49] thread 3: 32592 hashes, 10.85 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:49] thread 2: 45192 hashes, 15.05 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:49] thread 0: 43104 hashes, 15.92 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:56] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:17:56] thread 0: 101568 hashes, 15.03 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:56] thread 3: 110352 hashes, 16.32 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:56] thread 2: 116040 hashes, 17.18 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:56] thread 1: 98712 hashes, 14.60 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:18:53] thread 1: 876144 hashes, 15.50 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:18:55] thread 2: 1030560 hashes, 17.56 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:18:56] thread 0: 902040 hashes, 15.15 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:19:01] thread 3: 979464 hashes, 15.09 khash/s
edit: 1 valid share after 4h of mining with ~200Kh/s? Thats just weird. Everything seems fine according to many guides. Help section is very good but lacks very basic info for beginners. What miners should we use (maybe with github links), how to set them up and some examples of working configs.
User avatar
AppleMiner
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:44 pm

Re: No shares whatsoever

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:22 pm

If you have 4 miner threads, and each is making less than 20 khash/s.
How are you getting ~200KH/s?

isn't that 80 khash/s?
GregoryGHarding
Posts: 665
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: No shares whatsoever

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:04 pm

cdn_rin wrote:Nothing changes, miner visible on website, no valid shares.

Code: Select all

E:\pooler-cpuminer-2.5.0-win64-new>minerd --algo=scrypt -o stratum+tcp://prohash
ing.com:3333 -u Rinue -p ""
[2017-10-05 21:13:11] Binding thread 1 to cpu 1
[2017-10-05 21:13:11] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333
[2017-10-05 21:13:11] Binding thread 0 to cpu 0
[2017-10-05 21:13:11] Binding thread 2 to cpu 2
[2017-10-05 21:13:11] 4 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2017-10-05 21:13:11] Binding thread 3 to cpu 3
[2017-10-05 21:13:20] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:13:21] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:13:21] thread 1: 4104 hashes, 19.18 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:21] thread 2: 4104 hashes, 18.91 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:21] thread 3: 4104 hashes, 19.54 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:21] thread 0: 4104 hashes, 10.89 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:31] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:13:31] thread 2: 191448 hashes, 19.02 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:31] thread 3: 190248 hashes, 19.14 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:31] thread 1: 195000 hashes, 19.37 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:31] thread 0: 190824 hashes, 19.34 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:46] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:13:46] thread 2: 255120 hashes, 17.48 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:46] thread 0: 230400 hashes, 15.79 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:46] thread 3: 254856 hashes, 17.46 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:46] thread 1: 238056 hashes, 16.31 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:50] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:13:50] thread 2: 59208 hashes, 14.17 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:50] thread 3: 66840 hashes, 16.00 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:50] thread 0: 63528 hashes, 15.21 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:13:50] thread 1: 60456 hashes, 14.48 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:14:40] thread 1: 868848 hashes, 17.38 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:14:41] thread 2: 850488 hashes, 16.66 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:14:44] thread 0: 912336 hashes, 16.94 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:14:47] thread 3: 960120 hashes, 16.73 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:15:39] thread 2: 999360 hashes, 17.37 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:15:42] thread 1: 1042800 hashes, 16.86 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:15:45] thread 3: 1004088 hashes, 17.55 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:15:47] thread 0: 1016352 hashes, 16.13 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:16:42] thread 2: 1042104 hashes, 16.34 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:16:45] thread 1: 1011840 hashes, 16.10 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:16:46] thread 0: 967776 hashes, 16.24 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:16:47] thread 3: 1052760 hashes, 16.83 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:16] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:17:16] thread 1: 528120 hashes, 16.65 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:16] thread 2: 594384 hashes, 17.63 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:16] thread 3: 520704 hashes, 17.79 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:16] thread 0: 480288 hashes, 16.04 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:34] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:17:34] thread 2: 318264 hashes, 18.25 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:34] thread 0: 310992 hashes, 17.86 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:34] thread 1: 305304 hashes, 17.51 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:34] thread 3: 314856 hashes, 18.06 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:46] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:17:46] thread 2: 207192 hashes, 16.57 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:46] thread 3: 229872 hashes, 18.38 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:46] thread 1: 214536 hashes, 17.16 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:46] thread 0: 217200 hashes, 17.34 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:49] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:17:49] thread 1: 48120 hashes, 16.03 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:49] thread 3: 32592 hashes, 10.85 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:49] thread 2: 45192 hashes, 15.05 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:49] thread 0: 43104 hashes, 15.92 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:56] Stratum requested work restart
[2017-10-05 21:17:56] thread 0: 101568 hashes, 15.03 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:56] thread 3: 110352 hashes, 16.32 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:56] thread 2: 116040 hashes, 17.18 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:17:56] thread 1: 98712 hashes, 14.60 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:18:53] thread 1: 876144 hashes, 15.50 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:18:55] thread 2: 1030560 hashes, 17.56 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:18:56] thread 0: 902040 hashes, 15.15 khash/s
[2017-10-05 21:19:01] thread 3: 979464 hashes, 15.09 khash/s
edit: 1 valid share after 4h of mining with ~200Kh/s? Thats just weird. Everything seems fine according to many guides. Help section is very good but lacks very basic info for beginners. What miners should we use (maybe with github links), how to set them up and some examples of working configs.
sounds right for 200kh/s as you submit more shares ph will adjust difficulty and it will get sooner.. cpu mining isnt worth the eletricity
User avatar
AppleMiner
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:44 pm

Re: No shares whatsoever

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:07 pm

Greg am I not counting the khash correctly?

Is that really only 60-80 khash/s or is it 200?
If so how do you add it up or what factor do i have to multiply to figure out the real hashrate from what shows on the output?
Post Reply