Bitcoin Cash fork procedure, and preventing replay attacks

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Bitcoin Cash fork procedure, and preventing replay attacks

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:14 am

Muleslayer wrote:I am currently being paid in bitcoin cash. To a wallet on coin base.
What I got from the above conversation is the fork will only affect me if I am mining bitcoin cash.
Correct?
Do I need to sell out of my existing bitcoin cash coins?
P.S. all my miners are in dynamic mode
If you are receiving bitcoin cash at Coinbase, then your payouts will no longer be received. Coinbase announced plans to lock their Bitcoin Cash wallet around the time of the fork.

You should create a new Bitcoin Cash wallet that is in your control, or you can change your payout proportions until Coinbase re-enables Bitcoin Cash after the fork.
Muleslayer

Post by Muleslayer » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:05 pm

thank you sir!
bmhamlet

Post by bmhamlet » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:10 pm

will we be able to solo mine these forks when they occur? please insure that we can.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:03 am

bmhamlet wrote:will we be able to solo mine these forks when they occur? please insure that we can.
Yes. But keep in mind that unless you have a lot of hashrate, these forks will be very difficult and you are unlikely to find a block.

If you just want to contribute hashrate to a coin without taking the risk, you can use "c=[coin name]" without "m=solo," which will mine that coin and pay you in your payout proportions.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:27 am

submitted prohashing to https://cash.coin.dance/poli. that should bring in some traffic
dnprod

Post by dnprod » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:20 pm

are traditional wallets and source downloadable for -SV somewhere? my google-fu is failing me this evening.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:28 pm

dnprod wrote:are traditional wallets and source downloadable for -SV somewhere? my google-fu is failing me this evening.
https://bitcoinsv.io/
dnprod

Post by dnprod » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:50 pm

thanks!
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:01 pm

I noticed today that some criminals are stealing money with replay attacks on the Cash blockchains. We tried two transactions to split our wallet and both were unsuccessful. Then, a payout transaction was duplicated, causing lost money. This money was accounted for as negative Bitcoin SV balances in the overpaid accounts. The only customers who were overpaid were those whose Bitcoin ABC payout proportions were higher than their Bitcoin SV payout proportions. Because most customers who were earning Bitcoin Cash made no changes to the default 50-50 split Chris performed yesterday, only a hundred dollars was overpaid.

We eventually were able to split the remaining money. It turns out that when transactions are published to SV, they immediately show up on ABC. But transactions on ABC get included in blocks and they are never seen on SV. Therefore, if you want to split a walllet without having access to inputs like we discussed above, you can send transactions on ABC first, wait for confirmation, and then publish a different transaction to SV. It's not clear to me why the replay attacks are only occurring in one direction.

Another note: it looks like most exchanges have yet to unlock their wallets. Combined with the nodes dropping txs on the SV chain, it seems to me that the price of SV is somewhat inflated. Nobody can send SV coins to exchanges to sell them. I can't wait to see what happens once the "paper trading" ends and an exchange actually allows trading of real coins.