What is mining profitability based on?

Post about coin market prices and trends. The bar for content in this forum is high; see the rules for details.
Forum rules
The Market discussion forum is a place to post about coin market prices and trends. The bar for content in this forum is high; see the rules for details.

The full list of PROHASHING forums rules is available at https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
arkansasguy

What is mining profitability based on?

Post by arkansasguy » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:18 pm

I use Scrypt miners, and I notice the mining profitability fluctuates quite a bit. What is the price based on? For example we are at .008 now, what makes this value go up and down? The price of BTC? And how does it correlate to it? I'm guessing more factors go into play, such as network difficulty and such?

I'd just like to see my scrypt miners make more of course, and just curious what must happen for the profitability to increase?

Thanks!
Sumoblei

Re: What is mining profitability based on?

Post by Sumoblei » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:26 pm

Man that is one loaded question lol What little I think I understand is a multitude of factors... hashrate, price, volume, luck, on the network and your local pool, and I'd even go as far as latency, slippage and gas ..... AI has its work cut out for itI'm sure :)