New year, fresh start?

Posts of general interest that are not related to cryptocurrency.
Forum rules
This forum is for posts of general interest not related to cryptocurrency but still must follow the forums rules posted at https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums. Replies must relate to the topic being discussed in the thread, and any links included must be included to provide more information or context and contribute something to the value of the discussion.

Spam links are grounds for post deletion and banishment from the forums.
User avatar
Sarah Manter
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:15 am
Contact:

New year, fresh start?

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:11 am

Hey miners! A new year is, again, upon us! What are your goals / resolutions as miners for 2022?
User avatar
-MaVerick-
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed May 12, 2021 3:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: New year, fresh start?

Post by -MaVerick- » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:10 pm

Sarah Manter wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:11 am Hey miners! A new year is, again, upon us! What are your goals / resolutions as miners for 2022?
Oh, I've got a great plan for the upcoming year!

Image

All set for 2022 ;)
User avatar
Sarah Manter
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:15 am
Contact:

Re: New year, fresh start?

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:05 pm

-MaVerick- wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:10 pm
Sarah Manter wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:11 am Hey miners! A new year is, again, upon us! What are your goals / resolutions as miners for 2022?
Oh, I've got a great plan for the upcoming year!

Image

All set for 2022 ;)
:lol: :lol:
User avatar
DigitalSpaceport
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:42 pm

Re: New year, fresh start?

Post by DigitalSpaceport » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:15 pm

Strategically, overall ogranization of operations. Tactically. I have set out a goal of swapping the rack over to a 42U rack from a 24U. In the first quarter of the year growing the farm from the current 420TiB to 500. I have an absolute mess of networking on makeshift ladder that I need to run in the attic. Getting rid of at least 75% of the tech hoard of old junk I have piled in there.
User avatar
Sarah Manter
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:15 am
Contact:

Re: New year, fresh start?

Post by Sarah Manter » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:45 pm

DigitalSpaceport wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:15 pm Strategically, overall ogranization of operations. Tactically. I have set out a goal of swapping the rack over to a 42U rack from a 24U. In the first quarter of the year growing the farm from the current 420TiB to 500. I have an absolute mess of networking on makeshift ladder that I need to run in the attic. Getting rid of at least 75% of the tech hoard of old junk I have piled in there.
That sounds like it will be so satisfying to complete!
User avatar
OneOfThePetes
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:40 pm

Re: New year, fresh start?

Post by OneOfThePetes » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:22 am

DigitalSpaceport wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:15 pm Strategically, overall ogranization of operations. Tactically. I have set out a goal of swapping the rack over to a 42U rack from a 24U. In the first quarter of the year growing the farm from the current 420TiB to 500. I have an absolute mess of networking on makeshift ladder that I need to run in the attic. Getting rid of at least 75% of the tech hoard of old junk I have piled in there.
I have a server rack in my attic too.

It was there when I moved in.

NO IDEA how the hell they got it up there though! It's HUGE!
User avatar
Sarah Manter
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:15 am
Contact:

Re: New year, fresh start?

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:54 am

OneOfThePetes wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:22 am
DigitalSpaceport wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:15 pm Strategically, overall ogranization of operations. Tactically. I have set out a goal of swapping the rack over to a 42U rack from a 24U. In the first quarter of the year growing the farm from the current 420TiB to 500. I have an absolute mess of networking on makeshift ladder that I need to run in the attic. Getting rid of at least 75% of the tech hoard of old junk I have piled in there.
I have a server rack in my attic too.

It was there when I moved in.

NO IDEA how the hell they got it up there though! It's HUGE!
Score!
User avatar
DigitalSpaceport
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:42 pm

Re: New year, fresh start?

Post by DigitalSpaceport » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:06 pm

That is some funny stuff!
OneOfThePetes wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:22 am
DigitalSpaceport wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:15 pm Strategically, overall ogranization of operations. Tactically. I have set out a goal of swapping the rack over to a 42U rack from a 24U. In the first quarter of the year growing the farm from the current 420TiB to 500. I have an absolute mess of networking on makeshift ladder that I need to run in the attic. Getting rid of at least 75% of the tech hoard of old junk I have piled in there.
I have a server rack in my attic too.

It was there when I moved in.

NO IDEA how the hell they got it up there though! It's HUGE!
User avatar
OneOfThePetes
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:40 pm

Re: New year, fresh start?

Post by OneOfThePetes » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:05 pm

DigitalSpaceport wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:06 pm That is some funny stuff!
OneOfThePetes wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:22 am
DigitalSpaceport wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:15 pm Strategically, overall ogranization of operations. Tactically. I have set out a goal of swapping the rack over to a 42U rack from a 24U. In the first quarter of the year growing the farm from the current 420TiB to 500. I have an absolute mess of networking on makeshift ladder that I need to run in the attic. Getting rid of at least 75% of the tech hoard of old junk I have piled in there.
I have a server rack in my attic too.

It was there when I moved in.

NO IDEA how the hell they got it up there though! It's HUGE!
I asked. My landlord told me he shifted it up there on his own, and that after he got it up there he realised getting back down again was gonna be difficult, as he had to remove the ladder and some of the fittings to get it up there. He had also left his phone downstairs. He had to jump down! lol!
User avatar
Sarah Manter
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:15 am
Contact:

Re: New year, fresh start?

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:47 pm

OneOfThePetes wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:05 pm
DigitalSpaceport wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:06 pm That is some funny stuff!
OneOfThePetes wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:22 am

I have a server rack in my attic too.

It was there when I moved in.

NO IDEA how the hell they got it up there though! It's HUGE!
I asked. My landlord told me he shifted it up there on his own, and that after he got it up there he realised getting back down again was gonna be difficult, as he had to remove the ladder and some of the fittings to get it up there. He had also left his phone downstairs. He had to jump down! lol!
:lol:
Post Reply