Problems with Equihash-125_4

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
User avatar
NearlyDeparted
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:24 am

Problems with Equihash-125_4

Post by NearlyDeparted » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:14 am

For days now, I've had 2 GPU's pointing at Equihash-125_4 port 3354 for ZEL and noticed that quite often they can't connect to the pool. When I then go and look at Live Profitability, Equihash-125_4 isn't listed. A few minutes later it shows up with 0.00 S/s for a few minutes, then you can see rates go up to a steady level. Hours later if not sooner, I see the same thing happen again. This is with or without my GPU's active on Prohashing. I have no problems with the same setup mining on Zellabs.

Both miners are setup with below, n=GPU,o=group and with with or without --fee-time=60 included.
miniZ.exe --url=NearlyDeparted@prohashing.com:3354 --extra --pass n=1660,o=zel --par=125,4 --fee-time=60

I have a ticket open UST-7613 for when I notice "The share processor is offline" in my dashboard the first time.
mstrozier
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:57 am

Re: Problems with Equihash-125_4

Post by mstrozier » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:30 am

I've noticed the same issue and narrowed it down to the exchanges. Currently I only see Graviex as an exchange listed. Each time my miners drop from Equihash-125_4 and check the live coin status it'll show the coin is in error and when I look at the exchange (click the coin to expand it's details on live coin status) it'll show Graviex has no current buy orders. Then a few minutes later it'll come back up again.

I am curious if more exchanges will be added? Stex, tradeogre, bitforex are some other exchanges. Not sure if prohashing is able to work with them?
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 4059
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: Problems with Equihash-125_4

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:37 pm

mstrozier wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:30 am
I've noticed the same issue and narrowed it down to the exchanges. Currently I only see Graviex as an exchange listed. Each time my miners drop from Equihash-125_4 and check the live coin status it'll show the coin is in error and when I look at the exchange (click the coin to expand it's details on live coin status) it'll show Graviex has no current buy orders. Then a few minutes later it'll come back up again.

I am curious if more exchanges will be added? Stex, tradeogre, bitforex are some other exchanges. Not sure if prohashing is able to work with them?
Stex is being worked on right now by Steven, but since he is new and has no experience with cryptocurrency, we don't expect it to be ready until next week.

Graviex is, unfortunately, a very low-volume exchange and some coins, as you indicated, don't have any buy orders there. But fortunately, this is an issue you can resolve, and even make money doing it. Please create an account at Graviex and place some buy orders for the coin. If you can gain access to an exchange that does not accept US customers, then you can perform arbitrage and make money off this as well.
mstrozier
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:57 am

Re: Problems with Equihash-125_4

Post by mstrozier » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:01 pm

Afternoon. Looked at this a bit more. As it occurred again a few minutes ago, 2:55pm eastern time Sunday. Coin shows in error, can't find any buy or sell orders on Graviex. When I check Graviex there are over 40 buy orders and about same for sell orders. Makes me think possibly a connection issue between the exchange and the pool?
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 4059
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: Problems with Equihash-125_4

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:26 am

mstrozier wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:01 pm
Afternoon. Looked at this a bit more. As it occurred again a few minutes ago, 2:55pm eastern time Sunday. Coin shows in error, can't find any buy or sell orders on Graviex. When I check Graviex there are over 40 buy orders and about same for sell orders. Makes me think possibly a connection issue between the exchange and the pool?
Graviex has problems connecting to its API very frequently. We notified Graviex of the problem many times and they have never done anything to address it. Some calls just time out and then work again a few minutes later.

Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done if they don't fix their website. On a good note, however, STEX is back online, so some coins may be saved by an STEX market being available.
sludge
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Re: Problems with Equihash-125_4

Post by sludge » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:31 pm

I started mining on this last night, and it went for about 8-10 hours, and now my miners can't connect to the pool.

I get:
"Connection error: End of file"

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
User avatar
NearlyDeparted
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:24 am

Re: Problems with Equihash-125_4

Post by NearlyDeparted » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:46 am

I saw the error earlier. I also noticed Zellabs take a dive at the same time, image at the bottom.

Image

Zellabs
Image
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 4059
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: Problems with Equihash-125_4

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:17 am

It looks like the daemon has a different block number than does Graviex, the only exchange with enough volume in this coin. I asked Chris to investigate what's wrong with the daemon. The pool is responding as designed, by disconnecting miners as a failsafe until the problem can be identified.

Without any additional information, my guess is that there was a fork that nobody notified us about, and that fork separately caused other effects that had nothing to do with us.

I also deleted a post by JiveTonto from this thread, as personal attacks are not permitted on this forum.
sludge
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Re: Problems with Equihash-125_4

Post by sludge » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:58 pm

I noticed this in chat:

" @ NearlyDeparted « Fri 3:45 pm »
Zelcash - The latest Kamata network upgrade activates on block 558,000 - around the 18th of March 2020. "

Does this have anything to do with it?
User avatar
NearlyDeparted
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:24 am

Re: Problems with Equihash-125_4

Post by NearlyDeparted » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:35 pm

sludge wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:58 pm
I noticed this in chat:

" @ NearlyDeparted « Fri 3:45 pm »
Zelcash - The latest Kamata network upgrade activates on block 558,000 - around the 18th of March 2020. "

Does this have anything to do with it?
It looks like it. And it seems that all the exchanges I checked currently have deposits disabled for ZEL and on Cobo it specifically says wallet services suspended for wallet services upgrade.

Image
Post Reply