Switching payout coin when prices are low

Discuss your trading strategies, and which coins are most profitable to buy and sell.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussion of coin prices and trends. Place announcements of new coins in the "Coin announcements" forum. The only announcements of investing sites allowed in this forum are sites that cover more than one product.
TaylorFade

Switching payout coin when prices are low

Post by TaylorFade » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:16 am

I'm sure this has been covered many times, but...

Let's assume I earn $50 per day and I have two coins that I prefer to be paid in- XYZ coin and ABC coin. XYZ is currently trading at $50 and ABC is $25. I can earn 1 XYZ or 2 ABC, right? Right.

Now let's say that the next day XYZ coin goes to $100. Now I'm earning .5 of XYZ coin per day, right? But same day, ABC goes to $12.50.

If I assume ABC is going to go back to $25, does it behoove me to switch payouts to ABC?

My question boils down to... Does Prohashing use real time prices to trade my mined coins for my payout coin? If so, it seems like I should swap payouts from coins on a bull run to coins in a dip.

This is all speculation, of course. But hey... this is crypto.

Thanks in advance.
AppleMiner

Re: Switching payout coin when prices are low

Post by AppleMiner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:11 am

It comes down to whether you are going after coins to hold for the long run.
Or are you going after the highest daily profit to be sold daily?

Different people may want different things. You may have a 'GUT FEELING' on a coin and want all your payouts in that coin and hope that it moons in price.

Others enjoy getting a large assortment of different coins sent to all sorts of wallets across multiple exchanges, to diversify. If any one of them goes up 30X it covers all the rest.

Many strategies, you have to find the one that works best for your goals.
Good luck.

HAPPY HASHING!
TaylorFade

Post by TaylorFade » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:47 am

Thanks for the reply. And my ultimate goal is to be paid in coins I plan to hodl. But my question is whether I should alter my payout structure according to the current price so that I ultimately maximize the number of coins I own.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:04 am

TaylorFade wrote:Thanks for the reply. And my ultimate goal is to be paid in coins I plan to hodl. But my question is whether I should alter my payout structure according to the current price so that I ultimately maximize the number of coins I own.
No one could tell you that because on the off chance you do and it nets you more money, that could happen 99/100 times, or 1/100 times. You can't predict what the coins will do, so i'm not entirely sure what is is you are trying to figure out or ask.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:28 pm

If you think changing your payout structure will be more benficial for you, then you should do it. Just do it!

But come back towards the end of the year or as needed and report in how you are making out so we can see how you did!

HAPPY HASHING!
TaylorFade

Post by TaylorFade » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:27 pm

Aura89 wrote:
TaylorFade wrote:Thanks for the reply. And my ultimate goal is to be paid in coins I plan to hodl. But my question is whether I should alter my payout structure according to the current price so that I ultimately maximize the number of coins I own.
No one could tell you that because on the off chance you do and it nets you more money, that could happen 99/100 times, or 1/100 times. You can't predict what the coins will do, so i'm not entirely sure what is is you are trying to figure out or ask.
I guess I'm not conveying my question very well.

Most of us aren't actually mining the coins we are being paid in. We are essentially "buying" them. I just want to know if ProHashing uses real time prices to "buy" my payout coins. Being paid in coins that are low in price nets me more coins than being paid in coins that are at an ATH.

If I earn $50 per day... I would earn 50 coins when its price is $1 versus 25 coins when the price is $2. If I was actually mining that coin, the price wouldn't matter. The number of coins I would earn per day would be static other than difficulty.

It makes sense in my head.