Chia profitability miscalculation?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
robinsoz

Chia profitability miscalculation?

Post by robinsoz » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:15 pm

I have about 100 TB of chia plots pointed at the pool - not much but it pays me a little for my unused free disk space.

I noticed that my chia client was reporting an expected time to win of approximately 2 months, which, using a back of the envelope calculation gives an approximate daily gross profit of 80 cents - but in Prohashing it shows my daily chia profits running around 16 to 20 cents.

I also went back and looked at the pool profit reports - the number of chia coins found seems to run significantly higher than expected on a daily basis. Adding up over the past week, 5.29 chia coins were expected to be mined and the actual number of chia coins mined was 28. There were only two days when the number of chia coins mined were lower than expected - and both those days actual the number of coins mined was zero.

I suspect there is something wrong with the calculation of the number of chia coins expected.