My GPU Mining Profitability Has Ended!?!

Forum rules
The GPU sub-forum is for discussion on mining as it pertains to GPU's specifically. This can include topics such as the best hardware to purchase, the best software to use with a GPU, recommendations on mining racks or cabinets, cooling systems, how to move from CPU to GPU mining, etc.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
geoholt3

My GPU Mining Profitability Has Ended!?!

Post by geoholt3 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:21 am

What happened? Since the Ethereum switch, I cannot find an algorithm that is making any profits. I used to download profits to my wallet every 3 days. Now it's like every 3 weeks!! It there a GPU algorithm that works with G Miner that is worth a turkey? Help!
Kaffiend

Re: My GPU Mining Profitability Has Ended!?!

Post by Kaffiend » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:47 am

Currently nothing is profitable unless you have extremely cheap/free electric. I personally have had to turn my rigs off for about a month now because I could not keep eating the electric bill. Waiting the storm out and checking constantly to see when I can turn them back on.
gardon

Post by gardon » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:38 am

. As you may know, Ethereum has switched from proof-of-work to proof-of-stake in mid-September, which means that GPU mining is no longer possible. You can only stake your ETH tokens and earn rewards by validating transactions on the network. If you want to continue GPU mining, you will have to switch to a different cryptocurrency that supports GPU algorithms. G Miner is a popular miner that supports multiple algorithms and coins, such as Ravencoin, Aeternity, Beam, Grin, ZelCash, BitcoinZ, and Nervos CKB.
kaleb

Post by kaleb » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:31 am

gardon wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:38 am . As you may know, Ethereum has switched from proof-of-work to proof-of-stake in mid-September, which means that GPU mining is no longer possible. You can only stake your ETH tokens and earn rewards by validating transactions on the network. If you want to continue GPU mining, you will have to switch to a different cryptocurrency that supports GPU algorithms. G Miner is a popular miner that supports multiple algorithms and coins, such as Ravencoin, Aeternity, Beam, Grin, ZelCash, BitcoinZ, and Nervos CKB.
I prefer crypto trading to mining with https://cryptex.net/en/trade/BTCUSDT because it is more flexible and profitable. Mining requires a lot of technical skills, expensive equipment, and electricity. It also depends on the difficulty and reward of each cryptocurrency, which can change over time. Trading, on the other hand, allows me to take advantage of the price fluctuations and market trends of various cryptocurrencies. I can buy low and sell high, or use derivatives and leverage to amplify my gains. Trading also gives me more control over my portfolio and risk management. I think trading is the best way to earn crypto in 2024
gardon

Post by gardon » Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:54 am

Thank you for sharing your opinion on crypto trading vs mining. I can see that you have done some research on this topic and have a clear preference for trading. I respect your choice and I agree that trading can be more flexible and profitable than mining, depending on your goals, skills, and resources.