1st time miner - 4x 6GB rig help

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Kefflon

1st time miner - 4x 6GB rig help

Post by Kefflon » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:07 pm

Hello,
I just bought a rig with 4x 6GB GPU:s.

When I start it a software starts automatically, I think it’s T-Rex miner.
The seller said I must change to my address in the bin file.

I need help here. How do I locate the bin file?
I can’t even find the program itself.

And what address should I get?
I have a Coinbase account.

Should I keep this installed software, or is it easier to install a new one and get started?
It doesn’t matter what currency I mine, I just want to start easy and see some coins ticking in.

Thankful for help
Kefflon
Rkmining

Re: 1st time miner - 4x 6GB rig help

Post by Rkmining » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:01 am

It really depends on how what os you are mining with. Assuming you are booting up the miner, and it goes straight to mining, it is a miner os of some sort(Hiveos, Simpleminingos, minerstatos, etc) each one of those will have an account that you need to setup and you can configure the miner there. If it is within windows you may be running something like nicehash which would require you to do the same thing. Register and setup an account and then you enter all your wallet information there as well as setting up and managing the rig.