Chia down?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
GoBlew

Re: Chia down?

Post by GoBlew » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:35 am

I continue to experience issues with Chia mining as well.

EDIT: It just came back up for me. Seems to be working now.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:39 am

pmzone wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:28 am doesn't you guy find it fishy that under the prohashing status page you can't find the profitability of chia if the issue has been resolved ?
Please see my last response above your post. We are looking into why it is still not working after we thought we had resolved the issue and are doing our best to have it resolved today, but the issue requires more investigation. I also responded with this information on Discord.
pmzone

Post by pmzone » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:55 am

Sarah Manter wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:39 am
pmzone wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:28 am doesn't you guy find it fishy that under the prohashing status page you can't find the profitability of chia if the issue has been resolved ?
Please see my last response above your post. We are looking into why it is still not working after we thought we had resolved the issue and are doing our best to have it resolved today, but the issue requires more investigation. I also responded with this information on Discord.
to me what you said is like over-reacting to what i've said. am not doing a blame game but coming from a perspective of systematic way of debugging and resolving issue before confirming it is fully resolved.

from the timeline, i wasn't the first one who submitted the ticket to raise the issue. when i found out about the issue, there was somebody already raise it and prohashing came back with the reply the SSL issue was being fixed. however, on my side i still see the issue and in order not for you guy to think i was raising an already solved issue, i specifically stated "as of now" and from the timing of my post can tell the issue wasn't fixed. after steve's reply, this issue still there which i specifically stated "at this point of time".

should the issue has been resolved, the status page should display the profitability as chia miners should be starting to contribute to the pool already. isn't that a first thing that should be checked on before confirming the issue is fully resolved ?
robinsoz

Post by robinsoz » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:19 am

In the spirit of troubleshooting....not trying to be annoying.

It has been approximately a year since chia mining was implemented. It appears the certificate that is used to secure the port which chia miners connect to expired yesterday. My guess is that when chia mining was put in a certificate with a lifetime of one year was created and that certificate needs to be updated.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:40 am

robinsoz wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:19 am In the spirit of troubleshooting....not trying to be annoying.

It has been approximately a year since chia mining was implemented. It appears the certificate that is used to secure the port which chia miners connect to expired yesterday. My guess is that when chia mining was put in a certificate with a lifetime of one year was created and that certificate needs to be updated.
I believe that while the issue had been fixed, the servers had not been restarted, which caused some customers who had already connected before not to refresh their certificates.

Vance restarted the servers, and everything appears to be back to normal now. Sorry for the trouble!