Join the Conversation - GPU algorithm Poll

A forum to discuss mining algorithms, the best coins to mine with each, the algorithms that work the best with specific rigs, etc.
Forum rules
The Mining Algorithms forum is a place to discuss topics dealing with mining algorithms, the best coins to mine with each, the algorithms that work best with specific rigs, etc.

(For connectivity questions related to PROHASHING, please see Mining Rig and Connectivity Support.)

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Sarah Manter

Join the Conversation - GPU algorithm Poll

Post by Sarah Manter » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:03 am

Our latest poll question on the PROHASHING website asks about your choice of algorithm after the ETH merge. If you selected 'Other' or just want to join in the conversation, feel free to reply here with your thoughts on post-Merge GPU mining.
malighire

Re: Join the Conversation - GPU algorithm Poll

Post by malighire » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:11 pm

I missed the poll, but I constantly see Autolykos2 and ProgPowSERO.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:05 am

malighire wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:11 pm I missed the poll, but I constantly see Autolykos2 and ProgPowSERO.
The poll is up right now on the PROHASHING website. You can find it under "Tools" and "Polls" or in the top right of your dashboard and can answer if you've been mining at least $1 USD worth of crypto in the last week before the poll started. You can also discuss your answer here if you haven't been mining this summer due to temperatures.
TechElucidation

Post by TechElucidation » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:25 am

When I was looking at alternatives, a frontrunner for me was FLUX. I think it has some longer term potentials, though the power usage was higher than ETH mining - and with my power costs, that made it a challenge.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:27 pm

TechElucidation wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:25 am When I was looking at alternatives, a frontrunner for me was FLUX. I think it has some longer term potentials, though the power usage was higher than ETH mining - and with my power costs, that made it a challenge.
I've seen a lot of people rooting for that one. Definitely power usage is a challenge. My bill ran $400 this month because my new supplier hasn't switched over yet.
Bounce Overland

Post by Bounce Overland » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:51 pm

About 20%-25% of my hash rate has been on flux for six months plus. I'd love it if flux mining was here.
Dr Greg

Post by Dr Greg » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:13 am

If prohashing is going to have an Ergo pool up by next week as noted in your newsletter, why isn't ergo available as a payout coin ?

Im REALLY, REALLY looking forward to ERGO being added, been mining it on herominers and its what will bring me back to prohashing and keep me here
Dr Greg

Post by Dr Greg » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:19 am

Shoud have added, ERGO has a hell of a LOT going for it. The way it does difficulty adjustments to always keep it fair is great. But the fact it returns darn close same amount as ETH currently does and at 30 - 40 % less power use is the big one. At the end of the day considering how much less your power bill is and how much cooler your rigs stay means you make MORE than ETH
Dr Greg

Post by Dr Greg » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:22 am

I would even be happy to donate a GH worth of my rigs for free to help getting ERGO perfect before you bring it online is thats of help
Dr Greg

Post by Dr Greg » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:24 am

Last comment before I become to annoying, Huobi added ERGO to the exchange last night making it now available on a fair few exchanges
https://ergoplatform.org/en/get-erg/#Exchanges