All of a sudden the reject share rate went up rapidly...

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
rahmat

Re: All of a sudden the reject share rate went up rapidly...

Post by rahmat » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:09 am

same case with me, in last two days got more rejected shares than usually, im using gminer 3.05 on, both gpu's amd and nvidia facing same case
DeafEyeJedi

Post by DeafEyeJedi » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:32 pm

Thanks for confirming! Hope they’ll be able to figure out the issue. May have something to do w DAG being limited.
Baseball and Mining. HaCkint0sh and Crypto. Magic Lantern never dies! :geek:
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:27 pm

Chris looked into this issue, but he did not discover any widespread problems that affected many customers.

We'll be glad to answer any individual questions through a support ticket. Chris is working on the ticketing system right now, but you can still submit a ticket, as the issue is with displaying the tickets, not receiving them. He'll respond as soon as he can fix the bug in the ticket system.
DeafEyeJedi

Post by DeafEyeJedi » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:15 pm

Thanks for the updates. Do I need to submit a ticket for this or was my recent email from last week suffice for now? I miss being on PH. Kinda bummed this is happening to me during the last days for ETHash.

I’ll try again tonight at 9p PST just so I can see how much I’m losing $ from those invalid shares for 24 hours before I go back to Flexpool.io until this is fixed somehow for the few of us affected. Is it based on certain GPU’s or what gives?

*Update 8/22/22*

After running this for over 12 hours overnight and the acceptance rate is at 97.20% to 98.02% on my both AMD rigs. I’ve never seen those numbers before until I reported this few days ago. As much as I’m willingly to stay on this but feel it’ll be best if I avoid for now. Tough pill for me to swallow.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:22 pm

DeafEyeJedi wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:15 pm Thanks for the updates. Do I need to submit a ticket for this or was my recent email from last week suffice for now? I miss being on PH. Kinda bummed this is happening to me during the last days for ETHash.

I’ll try again tonight at 9p PST just so I can see how much I’m losing $ from those invalid shares for 24 hours before I go back to Flexpool.io until this is fixed somehow for the few of us affected. Is it based on certain GPU’s or what gives?

*Update 8/22/22*

After running this for over 12 hours overnight and the acceptance rate is at 97.20% to 98.02% on my both AMD rigs. I’ve never seen those numbers before until I reported this few days ago. As much as I’m willingly to stay on this but feel it’ll be best if I avoid for now. Tough pill for me to swallow.
Vance will be deploying a fix for this issue around 3 PM ET today.
DeafEyeJedi

Post by DeafEyeJedi » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:57 pm

Thanks for the updates Sarah & Vance. We’ve been keeping touch via ticket support. I can confirm that the recent update for this fix has been resolved. Great work!
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:22 pm

DeafEyeJedi wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:57 pm Thanks for the updates Sarah & Vance. We’ve been keeping touch via ticket support. I can confirm that the recent update for this fix has been resolved. Great work!
Awesome! I'm glad the team was able to resolve this for you. Thank you for the update!
DeafEyeJedi

Post by DeafEyeJedi » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:11 pm

Hello again... anyone else notice their rigs running ETHash getting all shares rejected as of 15 minutes ago or so?

All three rigs are in the reds. I’ve also tried updating and rebooting to no avail. Hope this is all temporarily. Thanks!

*Update* This is also happening on Flexpool.io for ETHash. Guess the merge came sooner than expected! Ha. If that’s the case then how can we continue to use PH while mining for ETC, ERG, VTC, ALPH or even RVN?
Last edited by DeafEyeJedi on Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:21 pm

DeafEyeJedi wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:11 pm Hello again... anyone else notice their rigs running ETHash getting all shares rejected as of 15 minutes ago or so? All three are in the reds. I’ve also tried updating and rebooting to no avail. Hope this is all temporarily. Thanks!
We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating. It likely has something to do with the new ETH network clients that were released today to prepare for the Merge.
DeafEyeJedi

Post by DeafEyeJedi » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:27 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:21 pm
DeafEyeJedi wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:11 pm Hello again... anyone else notice their rigs running ETHash getting all shares rejected as of 15 minutes ago or so? All three are in the reds. I’ve also tried updating and rebooting to no avail. Hope this is all temporarily. Thanks!
We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating. It likely has something to do with the new ETH network clients that were released today to prepare for the Merge.
Copy that. Thanks, Steve!