Loads of confusion

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Cryptoparra

Loads of confusion

Post by Cryptoparra » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:02 pm

Hello everybody!
So I am running an i3, Nvidia gt730 win 10 and tried to activate the gpu mining but it's not working. Any and all help will be appreciated. I am a complete noob to all of this
Sarah Manter

Re: Loads of confusion

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:05 pm

Hello Cryptoparra. Welcome to PROHASHING. What are you seeing when it's not working? How is your miner configured?
UbjfP2ZOJa

Post by UbjfP2ZOJa » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:19 pm

Also, how much memory does your GPU have?

I think the 730 had a max of 4GB, which would limit you to using the ETCHASH algorithm to mine ETC. If it's not 4GB I'm not sure what you could mine. You definitely won't be able to mine ETH with that card.
Cryptoparra

Post by Cryptoparra » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:19 am

Ooofff uhm I believe it has 2Gb. Not sure will check
Sorry for the late reply.
So when I run the eth scrypt it just gives me a black screen with the contents of the text document in white, it plain just stops there.
I used the video's instructions first (3359) code then read about the 3358 code (I believe this was for the slower eth algorithm) it gave me thesametext with "push any key to continue and it just closed when i pressed enter
then tried switching my worker to neoscrypt (code 3338)
"miner.exe --algo neoscrypt --server prohashing.com:3338 --user Cryptoparra --pass a=neoscrypt,n=Ethbaby
pause"
Here I got a could not locate device message.

Okay I will try run that algorithm then.

I am honestly not too interested in anything other than litecoin really.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:50 pm

Cryptoparra wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:19 am Ooofff uhm I believe it has 2Gb. Not sure will check
Sorry for the late reply.
So when I run the eth scrypt it just gives me a black screen with the contents of the text document in white, it plain just stops there.
I used the video's instructions first (3359) code then read about the 3358 code (I believe this was for the slower eth algorithm) it gave me thesametext with "push any key to continue and it just closed when i pressed enter
then tried switching my worker to neoscrypt (code 3338)
"miner.exe --algo neoscrypt --server prohashing.com:3338 --user Cryptoparra --pass a=neoscrypt,n=Ethbaby
pause"
Here I got a could not locate device message.

Okay I will try run that algorithm then.

I am honestly not too interested in anything other than litecoin really.
The benefit to mining with PROHASHING is that if your worker is unable to mine Litecoin, but you can get it to mine something else, you can choose to still be paid in Litecoin.
UbjfP2ZOJa

Post by UbjfP2ZOJa » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:36 pm

The oldest GPU I have running is a GTX1050 with 4Gb. I normally use it for ETCHASH, but just tried CCMiner v2.3.1 to mine using neoscrypt. Here's what I have running:

ccminer-x64.exe --algo neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3338/ -u PROHASHING USERNAME -p n=MINER NAME,o=GROUP NAME

Note: You don't need the "a=neoscrypt" in your password arguments if you connect to one of the dedicated ports (3338 for neoscrypt). Edit: If you use ccminer, you DO need the "/" after the port number!

Prohashing shows it producing about 350 kH/s, and earning UniformFiscalObject coin. As Sarah says, the coin mined doesn't matter since you choose what you want to be paid in. The calculator says I'll break the bank and earn about 6 cents a day.

I don't know how (or if) your card will run this, but it's worth a try. That's an 8 year old card.
Cryptoparra

Post by Cryptoparra » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:44 pm

wil check on the morrow thanks.
Cryptoparra

Post by Cryptoparra » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:54 pm

my apologies but I am given to understand that "NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 can generate more than 16.89 USD monthly income with a 39.24 H/s hashrate on the BTG - ZHash (EWBF) algorithm." is this algorithm available here? if not, why? and can you point me in the right direction then?
i believe this roughly translates to 25c per day. I am deplorable at maths so don't quote me on this, if this is true then the estimated income page is terribly misleading! i gained 1c 20h mining on my cpu, if you do 6c per day on a 1050 then mining isnt profitable at all!
UbjfP2ZOJa

Post by UbjfP2ZOJa » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:37 pm

Mining anything on the 1050 wouldn't be profitable if I had to pay for the electricity to run it. It's just chugging away earning me some ETC while I work (my laptop, not my power bill). I only switched to Neoscrypt for a few minutes to let you know if it worked and what hashrate I was getting.

I can't speak as to which/why algorithms are/aren't available. Just a user relating my experience. I used to have a GT 750 in my old desktop and wasn't able to mine at all with it. I never tried the ETCHASH-LOWMEM option here, though.

Best of luck to you.
bMeister1

Post by bMeister1 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:43 am

Cryptoparra wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:54 pm my apologies but I am given to understand that "NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 can generate more than 16.89 USD monthly income with a 39.24 H/s hashrate on the BTG - ZHash (EWBF) algorithm." is this algorithm available here? if not, why? and can you point me in the right direction then?
i believe this roughly translates to 25c per day. I am deplorable at maths so don't quote me on this, if this is true then the estimated income page is terribly misleading! i gained 1c 20h mining on my cpu, if you do 6c per day on a 1050 then mining isnt profitable at all!
I'm going to be honest with you, those numbers for such an old card is so profitable it sounds way too good to be true. Not even my GTX970 can pull income like that, let alone profit. You're kind of right in that most GPUs are not profitable mining any algorithm when electricity cost is factored in. Modern cards that can run very in-demand algorithms like Ethash (for Ethereum) or Heavyhash (for Optical Bitcoin) and are significantly more energy efficient make the most profit. For your card, algorithms that need lots of VRAM are not going to work. I would try Neoscrypt or Equihash-144_5 as those algorithms rely on core processing power rather than VRAM.

Ultimately though, the GT730 is an old card by technology standards and will not generate much income on any algorithm. But it can still be a great way to get into the crypto mining world and see if you like it! I started with my 1050Ti and now I have three CPUs and two GPUs going that get me about $1 a day before electricity costs.