Major releases over the next two days

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Major releases over the next two days

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun May 08, 2022 11:14 am

On Sunday and Monday, we will be issuing three major releases that will impact several areas of the system.

First, the mining servers have been modified with changes to improve stability. We ran a code quality scan and found that when a worker attempts to mine ethash and has too little memory for a coin, a random worker will be disconnected, rather than the worker that can't mine the coin. This bug likely caused support tickets from customers who reported poor connection stability. Additionally, a memory leak was discovered in how idle workers who never authorize are handled. Another 120 lines of code were removed due to refactoring. The purpose of this ongoing effort with the mining servers is to discover errors that could impact profitability and to increase profits for customers by resolving them - but we found these issues because when you look for bugs, you often find them.

Second, Steven will be releasing a version of our trading and payouts software. The purpose of his release is to get all of the payouts software running with PHP 8, so that the obsolete PHP 7.3 can be removed.

Third, Michael will be issuing a wide release of the new website, which is currently hosted at https://preview.prohashing.com/. Once released, the old website will still be usable on a different domain. The old website will remain online until a breaking change is made to the new site, so that customers who prefer a more leisurely transition can continue to use the old site until June.

All of these releases are expected to only cause one minute or less of downtime, but as with any release, there are often bugs that don't occur in the development environment and which are only discovered upon deployment. Thanks for your patience on May 9 as these major upgrades are made to Prohashing's services!
OneOfThePetes

Re: Major releases over the next two days

Post by OneOfThePetes » Tue May 10, 2022 9:21 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:14 am The old website will remain online until a breaking change is made to the new site, so that customers who prefer a more leisurely transition can continue to use the old site until June.
Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

I'll be going at the same time the old look disappears.
I left because I hate the colour scheme.
Plenty of other mining pools out there that don't look as terrible.