Block reward not given in solo mining

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
quanticusa

Block reward not given in solo mining

Post by quanticusa » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:02 pm

is anyone facing this issue with Prohashing? After lots of trouble and wait time, finally, mined a DOGE block and it was not credit to my account. useless blocks minded before and after that are credit except the large one. Sent couple of emails to the support and no response till now. I can see the block details clearly that it was linked to coins.prohashing.com.

Wondering if anyone else faced such issues? how can get the necessary help, is there a way to claim the block?
Kaffiend

Re: Block reward not given in solo mining

Post by Kaffiend » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:30 pm

I'm not positive because I GPU mine and not ASIC. My guess is you solo mine LTC and merge mine DOGE/everything else. Merge mining is done in a pool. If you were to find a block of LTC you would receive the full payout of LTC however if you are the one to find the block of DOGE/anything else you only receive a portion of the merge mined block corresponding to the shares submitted like PPLNS which pays you out in the LTC that you are solo mining. You should have seen some sort of payout in LTC when the doge was found but it was split between all scrypt miners because it is merge mined. Again dont quote me on this because I dont know for absolute sure but this is my understanding of it. You still should open a ticket and get a definitive answer from a team member.
quanticusa

Post by quanticusa » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:38 pm

Thanks Kaffiend. Actually, I'm running the miner in proper configuration with solo mining. Technically all the lower valued blocks found are being assigned to me instantly. Only this large value is lost. When i'm mining in solo mining and the block is found by my miner, technically it should have been assigned to me. Worst case of any exception scenario, atleast some partial reward should have been awared. I was given 0 for this block. It was very much unfair. I stopped the miners and exploring other pools, also exploring options how to claim this block or escalate this issue.
Kaffiend

Post by Kaffiend » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:43 pm

Unfortunately I have only ever mined FPPS with gpu's so as I said I'm not completely sure how it works but that was my understanding from my reading. As I said your best bet is to start a ticket with support up at the top right corner of forums. They are usually pretty good and have answered me within a day.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:29 pm

In solo mining, you already receive merge mining rewards in pay-per-share mode. The primary coin is solo mined. You'll notice that each share still contributes some earnings towards your account because of the merge mined part of the rewards.

When you find a block of a primary coin, that entire block is credited to you. If you had found a block of litecoins, for example, then you would have been paid a full block of litecoins. The dogecoins, however, were already paid to you, just a little at a time.