ETHASH Pool Hashrate

A forum to discuss mining algorithms, the best coins to mine with each, the algorithms that work the best with specific rigs, etc.
Forum rules
The Mining Algorithms forum is a place to discuss topics dealing with mining algorithms, the best coins to mine with each, the algorithms that work best with specific rigs, etc.

(For connectivity questions related to PROHASHING, please see Mining Rig and Connectivity Support.)

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
UbjfP2ZOJa

ETHASH Pool Hashrate

Post by UbjfP2ZOJa » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:22 pm

I'm curious as to why there has been a huge drop in ETHASH's pool hashrate since April 8? My shares haven't dropped, so I assume a different method of calculating...
Steve Sokolowski

Re: ETHASH Pool Hashrate

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:08 pm

UbjfP2ZOJa wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:22 pm I'm curious as to why there has been a huge drop in ETHASH's pool hashrate since April 8? My shares haven't dropped, so I assume a different method of calculating...
Some miners left the pool, because we discovered that they were renting hashrate from Nicehash. Nicehash's hashrate doesn't find blocks at the same rate that traditional miners do, which pulls down everyone's profitability. With their departure, we can pay more to customers.