config file

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
bdm8181

config file

Post by bdm8181 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:55 pm

im trying to figure out how to update/change the config,json file for xmrig so that my gpu and cpu both mine, if i use the xmrig Config Wizard i get the following
{
"autosave": true,
"cpu": true,
"opencl": false,
"cuda": true,
"pools": [
{
"coin": "monero",
"algo": "rx/0",
"url": "prohashing.com:3359",
"user": "bdm8181",
"pass": "n=CryptoBDM",
"tls": false,
"keepalive": true,
"nicehash": false
}
]
}

on the config.json file the section to load cude looks like this

"cuda": {
"enabled": false,
"loader": null,
"nvml": true,
"cn-lite/0": false,
"cn/0": false

other then changing false to true on the enabled line what should i put for the next couple? the "loader" and "nvml" and are the last two lines a coin algor?

thanks
bMeister1

Re: config file

Post by bMeister1 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:41 am

Assuming you downloaded the CUDA plugin for XMRig and added the dll files to the same folder as the xmrig.exe executable, all you have to change in the config file is changing "enabled" from false to true and it will handle the rest. Don't expect amazing hashrates though. RandomX was specifically designed to be anti-GPU but given enough power it can almost be like having another CPU core.
Sarah Manter

Re: config file

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:37 am

bdm8181 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:55 pm im trying to figure out how to update/change the config,json file for xmrig so that my gpu and cpu both mine, if i use the xmrig Config Wizard i get the following
{
"autosave": true,
"cpu": true,
"opencl": false,
"cuda": true,
"pools": [
{
"coin": "monero",
"algo": "rx/0",
"url": "prohashing.com:3359",
"user": "bdm8181",
"pass": "n=CryptoBDM",
"tls": false,
"keepalive": true,
"nicehash": false
}
]
}

on the config.json file the section to load cude looks like this

"cuda": {
"enabled": false,
"loader": null,
"nvml": true,
"cn-lite/0": false,
"cn/0": false

other then changing false to true on the enabled line what should i put for the next couple? the "loader" and "nvml" and are the last two lines a coin algor?

thanks
Is there a reason you're trying to use xmrig for both CPU and GPU rather than using xmrig for CPU and gminer (or another software like that one) for GPU?