What are your thoughts on Bitcoin mixers

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Sarah Manter

What are your thoughts on Bitcoin mixers

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:03 pm

I'm reading about Bitcoin mixers, but it's confusing to me because the point of designing the blockchain the way it was was really to be transparent with what money was going where but in a way where people still maintained a level of privacy. So the idea of scrambling up the records seems counterintuitive to me. Thoughts?
sonicrules

Re: What are your thoughts on Bitcoin mixers

Post by sonicrules » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:16 pm

As far as I know, the mixers are for people who want even more privacy, and criminals who want to hide their trail.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:26 pm

sonicrules wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:16 pm As far as I know, the mixers are for people who want even more privacy, and criminals who want to hide their trail.
That's what it seems like. I can't imagine a legal reason for needing that much privacy.
tim555

Post by tim555 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:01 am

It's worth noting that the use of Bitcoin mixers is often associated with criminal activities, such as money laundering or funding illegal activities. As a result, some countries and jurisdictions have implemented regulations to restrict or ban the use of mixers, unfortunately.