Merge Mining

Come here to chat about mining topics not covered under Mining Pools, Mining Rigs, or Mining Algorithms.
Forum rules
The General Mining Topics forum is a place to discuss topics dealing with mining that don't fall into the categories of our other Mining Forums.

(For connectivity questions related to PROHASHING, please see Mining Rig and Connectivity Support.)

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Sarah Manter

Merge Mining

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:32 am

Isn't it great to be able to do the work once and get paid twice?

What do you think?
UbjfP2ZOJa

Re: Merge Mining

Post by UbjfP2ZOJa » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:47 pm

Possible on Prohashing? What algorithms/pairs? I'm GPU mining, using Gminer, but would try another miner if I could squeeze out a bit more productivity...
bMeister1

Re: Merge Mining

Post by bMeister1 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:17 pm

UbjfP2ZOJa wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:47 pm Possible on Prohashing? What algorithms/pairs? I'm GPU mining, using Gminer, but would try another miner if I could squeeze out a bit more productivity...
Scrypt and SHA-256 merge mine, neither of which can be GPU mined unfortunately. There has been some discussion about possibly adding ETH+ALPH dual mining but that's not the same as merge mining.