CPU mining for Ethereum

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
youtube

CPU mining for Ethereum

Post by youtube » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:47 pm

Hi there, I am trying to use my Xeon CPU do some test CPU mining and following the quick start guide.

Just wondering what value should I put in the pool section for Ethereum? the example on your web and video is set to "monero".

As well what value should I use for algo?

Should I change it ? I setup to below and it showing me "algo" or "coin" is not right

--------------------
"pools": [
{
"algo": "ethash",
"coin": "ethereum",
"url": "prohashing.com:3359",
"user": "xxxx",
"pass": "xxxx",
"rig-id": null,
"nicehash": false,
"keepalive": false,
"enabled": true,
"tls": false,
"tls-fingerprint": null,
"daemon": false,
"socks5": null,
"self-select": null,
"submit-to-origin": false
}

-------------------
Thanks
Steve Sokolowski

Re: CPU mining for Ethereum

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:24 pm

youtube wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:47 pm Hi there, I am trying to use my Xeon CPU do some test CPU mining and following the quick start guide.

Just wondering what value should I put in the pool section for Ethereum? the example on your web and video is set to "monero".

Should I change it ? I setup to below and it showing me "algo" or "coin" is not right

--------------------
{
}

-------------------
Thanks
Ethash is not supported by most CPU miners, because it is not profitable to mine ethash on a CPU. You'll earn fractions of a penny per day, while spending a dollar on electricity.

Instead, you should use a graphics card to mine ethash. You'll want to use the "GPU Quick Start" guide for that.
ToeKnee

Re: CPU mining for Ethereum

Post by ToeKnee » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:30 am

youtube wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:47 pm Hi there, I am trying to use my Xeon CPU do some test CPU mining and following the quick start guide.

--------------------
{
}

-------------------
Thanks
I have 54 Xeon processors myself. I'm in the process of upgrading all of them to 2698v4 processors (each 2698v4 processor does 7.8kH on RandomX). You know, just trying to make the most $ from a CPU that basically already exists to run my 54 rigs. I'm running HiveOS on them, so I decided to copy and paste my user config for doing Monero on a CPU.

Code: Select all

xmrig-new-xmrig
Cpu1
Url stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3359
Algo rx/0
Fork xmrig
Pass a=randomx w=145 p=0.056 n=%WORKER_NAME%.%COIN% o=hiveos.%COIN%
Template ToeKneeGee
Hugepages 1280
User Config "donate-level": 1 "randomx": { "init": -1, "init-avx2": -1, "mode": "auto", "1gb-pages": true, "rdmsr": true, "wrmsr": true, "cache_qos": false, "numa": true, "scratchpad_prefetch_mode": 1 }
Also I've been fooling around with mining Pulsar Coin in HiveOS. There are a couple of YouTube videos floating around on how to mine the PLSR coin. It might take off. It might go nowhere. PLSR uses an Algo called "CurveHash" ...