CPU mining Profitable?

Forum rules
The CPU sub-forum is for discussion on mining as it pertains to CPU's specifically. This can include topics such as the best hardware to purchase, the best software to use with a CPU, etc.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Mastermind007

CPU mining Profitable?

Post by Mastermind007 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:14 am

This forum section was lonely, having zero posts. So I decided to post a little something.

CPU mining, well let me start by saying, you are not going to get rich off it.
Jumping in the way back machine to say a decade ago you could take just about any CPU and make some ok money. Nowadays it is hard to just break even unless you are in a very specific situation.

If you have free electricity and lots of luck you may turn a little profit. Monero (RandomX) was the go to algorithm for a long time.
There are a few, very few, CPU minable coins left and still fewer that have a chance at profit.

To have the best chance at profit you will need to have the AMD Threadripper CPU. If this have one already you are ahead of the game but to buy one now for just CPU mining, it will be paid off in time for your grandkids to us it. This is not to say Intel CPU's can't mine but AMD has the high ground in that fight for the time being.

So you say to me, "I have free or very, very, very, one more VERY, low cost electricity and a brand new AMD Threadripper in my gaming rig or GPU mining rig that grandma got me for Christmas or your significant other allowed you to get to shut you up about it (thank you honey). I can use the CPU to earn a little more profit for the rig." This is true but keep in mine that if you are doing any kind of GPU mining you do not want to run your CPU full throttle. This will hurt your GPU hashrate. The GPU mining process does need some CPU clock cycles to work and what CPU mining would steal is worth a fraction of what the GPU hashrate work make on any other algorithm. You want to fine the max number of threads you can use without affecting your GPU hashrate.

To squeeze every drop of precious profit our of you CPU mining empire, look at becoming a Prohashing Trusted Miner. https://prohashing.com/help/optimizing- ... stedmining

As of this post Monero earns 1.99 cents/KH/s where being a trusted mine gets you 2.07 cents/KH/s.
Yeah I know 0.08 cents is nothing to write home about but if you are mining other algo's on Prohashing pools you should be doing this already as some algo's get you a 5% increase in profits.

That about sums up CPU mining in general. Good Luck and happy mining.
williamramirez

Re: CPU mining Profitable?

Post by williamramirez » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:11 am

This forum section was lonely, having zero posts. So I decided to post a little something.

Jumping in the way back machine to say a decade ago you could take just about any CPU and make some ok money. Nowadays it is hard to just break even unless you are in a very specific situation.

If you have free electricity and lots of luck you may turn a little profit. Monero (RandomX) was the go to algorithm for a long time.
There are a few, very few, CPU minable coins left and still fewer that have a chance at profit.

To have the best chance at profit you will need to have the AMD Threadripper CPU. If this have one already you are ahead of the game but to buy one now for just CPU mining, it will be paid off in time for your grandkids to us it. This is not to say Intel CPU's can't mine but AMD has the high ground in that fight for the time being.

So you say to me, "I have free or very, very, very, one more VERY, low cost electricity and a brand new AMD Threadripper in my gaming rig or GPU mining rig that grandma got me for Christmas or your significant other allowed you to get to shut you up about it (thank you honey). I can use the CPU to earn a little more profit for the rig." This is true but keep in mine that if you are doing any kind of GPU mining you do not want to run your CPU full throttle. This will hurt your GPU hashrate. The GPU mining process does need some CPU clock cycles to work and what CPU mining would steal is worth a fraction of what the GPU hashrate work make on any other algorithm. You want to fine the max number of threads you can use without affecting your GPU hashrate.

To squeeze every drop of precious profit our of you CPU mining empire, look at becoming a Prohashing Trusted Miner. https://prohashing.com/help/optimizing- ... stedmining

As of this post Monero earns 1.99 cents/KH/s where being a trusted mine gets you 2.07 cents/KH/s.
Yeah I know 0.08 cents is nothing to write home about but if you are mining other algo's on Prohashing pools you should be doing this already as some algo's get you a 5% increase in profits.

Does this mining work now? I tried to register, but an error keeps appearing.
Last edited by williamramirez on Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:58 am

williamramirez wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:11 am Does this mining work now? I tried to register, but an error keeps appearing.
Are you asking about cpu mining? Have you checked out our CPU Getting started guide? https://prohashing.com/guides/cpu-quick-start
shamira5

Post by shamira5 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:53 am

Mastermind007 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:14 am This forum section was lonely, having zero posts. So I decided to post a little something.

Your advice on considering electricity costs and hardware choices, particularly the AMD Threadripper, adds practicality to aspiring miners. It's crucial to stay informed about the latest developments in the decentralized finance (DeFi) space, and a valuable resource for tracking various DeFi projects is https://icoholder.com/en/defi. This knowledge will empower miners to make well-informed decisions as they navigate the dynamic landscape of cryptocurrency mining.
Marshalled

Post by Marshalled » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:13 am

Mastermind007 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:14 am This forum section was lonely, having zero posts. So I decided to post a little something.

Best sex dolls this is a crucial area
Your consideration and understanding of the GPU is very thoughtful and spot on, I will continue to look forward to the CPU mining.