Ethash Low Memory connection issues

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
jagular77

Ethash Low Memory connection issues

Post by jagular77 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:13 am

I have had two of my cards with 4GB running fine on the Low Memory
Ethash algo, then yesterday those two units keep getting kicked off the server
saying "Connection Error: Connection Closed". Now today I am getting the same result. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

I have not adjusted the code at all and it had been working fine
previously.

Can you please confirm what my bat file is supposed to say, and also let me
know if you are having outages with this algo and how you can help.

I am not new to mining and now have all my rigs on Prohashing, but the Low Memory argument is not working right.
jagular77

Re: Ethash Low Memory connection issues

Post by jagular77 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:28 am

Here is what I am using for GMiner 2.78, Please let me know if this is right.
Otherwise the low mem ethash is just extremely unstable?

miner.exe --algo ethash --server prohashing.com:3358 --user myusername --pass l=4,n=1650,a=ethash-lowmemory
pause
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:29 pm

That configuration for your bat file looks correct. We had a similar support ticket from someone else, so we're looking into this, and I'll get back to you when we know what's going on with it.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:56 pm

It looks like we also have your ticket, so Paula will let you know through there what's going on when we know.
jagular77

Post by jagular77 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:58 pm

I sent an email, I do not have a ticket number. Can you please let me know how you will contact me. I think you should also write the solution here to help people with this problem, as I have noticed others have been confused about how to write the bat file etc in the past
Paula Godshall

Post by Paula Godshall » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:21 pm

I've already spoken to you earlier, but I just wanted to let you know that any messages you send us via any of our official support channels (email, Telegram, etc.) automatically open what we refer to as a ticket, though our new support system refers to them as conversations. There is a conversation ID number for it within our support system, but customers don't have to worry about it. Replies will come via whichever avenue you used to contact us (reply to your email, reply in Twitter DMs, etc.)
Marduke

Post by Marduke » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:21 pm

I too am experiencing this issue.

I seem to only get the problem consistently on my test machine, which only has a single 4GB card in it. It was working fine for days/weeks, then suddenly I started having connection problems for the GPU mining ETHASH Low Memory coins.

I tried multiple applications (e.g. ETH Miner, GMiner, lolMiner, etc,), they all encountered connection errors with the following messages:
- Error while waiting for authorization from pool.
- Double check your credentials
- Coonection remotely closed by Prohashing.com
------------------or---------------------
Lost connection to stratum server prohashing.com:3358

Sometimes, it seemed to be kind of hit and miss, meaning it would work sometimes and not sometimes. Sometimes it would be running fine and suddenly get a connection closed by prohashing message, then when restarting not be able to connect.

Sometimes, I could just shut down the GPU miner and wait for a period of time (hours/days) and then I would try starting it up and it would work.

I also noticed that a similar symptoms seemed to occur for the following problems;
- The stratum server seems to become unstable. removing the stratum from the URL helps in this instance.
- Got moved to a 'different' mining server and suddenly connection problems. Steve seemed to know about this problem.

HELP!!!

Please and Thank you!
jagular77

Post by jagular77 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:13 am

Thank goodness I am not the only one. When the low mem algo works, it works great. When it stops working, in the dashboard it populates a huge amount of extra workers connected to the name of my 4GB cards that cannot connect and I have to refresh the screen to try to get them to disappear. Its a headache and a tease for something that would be a great way to use those 4GB cards.

Please get back to us with a fix! Thank you!
Paula Godshall

Post by Paula Godshall » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:56 pm

Steven noticed some Ethash-lowmemory miners were being assigned to Perkle despite it being in error, so he disabled Perkle for now. Let us know if that made any difference on the disconnect issues.
jagular77 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:13 am When it stops working, in the dashboard it populates a huge amount of extra workers connected to the name of my 4GB cards that cannot connect and I have to refresh the screen to try to get them to disappear
FYI, the duplicate worker behavior typically happens when a worker disconnects and reconnects quickly. Because of the connection issues you've described, this is likely the cause of the duplicate workers. They should fall off eventually, though if it keeps generating duplicate entries, it might seem like they never go away.
jagular77

Post by jagular77 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:18 am

So far so good after a few hours this morning. Will let you know problem returns. Thank you.