Check out our test forums site!

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Check out our test forums site!

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:37 am

This afternoon, we're going to hold a meeting, part of which will focus on finalizing our new forums design.

We're pleased to offer up a preview at https://beta.forums.prohashing.com/! You'll have to ignore the SSL certificate mismatch, because the certificate is the same one used for this site - a URL of forums.prohashing.com.

While the preview is a release candidate that might be published as-is, there may also be significant changes depending upon your and other employees' feedback. Take a look and offer your comments!
-MaVerick-

Re: Check out our test forums site!

Post by -MaVerick- » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:37 pm

The overall darker tone of the color pallet is much easier on the eyes, while the colors as such could be a bit too feminine for some people, if you know what I mean. Personally, I look for functionality and cannot complain so far.
Sumoblei

Post by Sumoblei » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:25 pm

Its great!.. Can we have it change color dependent upon crypto market price, volume, and/or cap?... Just a thought :)
awb1

Post by awb1 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:36 pm

I like the new look.

Is there a reason why sometimes not all of the algos appear at the top, like right now on the beta site chia and ethash-lowmemory are not showing.
Zilla1518

Post by Zilla1518 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:39 pm

-MaVerick- wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:37 pm The overall darker tone of the color pallet is much easier on the eyes, while the colors as such could be a bit too feminine for some people, if you know what I mean. Personally, I look for functionality and cannot complain so far.
I agree with MaVerick, functionality is fine, but the colors are a little odd, would prefer a straight "dark mode" if that's possible with a black background. I understand the branding, but typically forums are more for people already in the pool and having display options would be nice.
OneOfThePetes

Post by OneOfThePetes » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:59 pm

The styling is nicer, but the colour scheme is really not something I would find myself wanting to endure for long.
Sorry!
Much prefer the colour scheme of the current forums.
I left because I hate the colour scheme.
Plenty of other mining pools out there that don't look as terrible.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:41 am

awb1 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:36 pm I like the new look.

Is there a reason why sometimes not all of the algos appear at the top, like right now on the beta site chia and ethash-lowmemory are not showing.
That was a conscious decision. The algorithms with the lowest total earnings are omitted on both the current and new versions. Otherwise, there would be 20 rows, which would take up more than half the page's height.
daringone

Post by daringone » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:29 pm

Zilla1518 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:39 pm I agree with MaVerick, functionality is fine, but the colors are a little odd, would prefer a straight "dark mode" if that's possible with a black background. I understand the branding, but typically forums are more for people already in the pool and having display options would be nice.
YES. DARK MODE PLEASE!