Ravencoin/KAWPOW Mining Disabled

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Ravencoin/KAWPOW Mining Disabled

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:12 pm

We have had to temporarily disable KAWPOW mining on Prohashing. All of our found blocks since we enabled KAWPOW mining have been lost due to a hashMerkleRoot mismatch that only shows up on the production Ravencoin network.

We have spent the last week debugging this issue and cannot reproduce the issue on the development Ravencoin network. We are just bleeding money until we can determine the cause, so we have to stop mining to stem the losses. Steve will be spending his full time continuing to try to reproduce the issue, and maybe at some point we will find the cause and will be able to re-enable KAWPOW mining.

Thanks for your understanding.

-Chris Sokolowski
sc32valve

Re: Ravencoin/KAWPOW Mining Disabled

Post by sc32valve » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:11 am

What about the 2 weeks of PPLNS mining I was doing on KAWPOW and ravencoin? Are all of my shares gone now and I won't be paid out?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:22 am

sc32valve wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:11 am What about the 2 weeks of PPLNS mining I was doing on KAWPOW and ravencoin? Are all of my shares gone now and I won't be paid out?
Could you post your Prohashing username, so we can review your issue?
parduke

Post by parduke » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:50 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:22 am
sc32valve wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:11 am What about the 2 weeks of PPLNS mining I was doing on KAWPOW and ravencoin? Are all of my shares gone now and I won't be paid out?
I have also put in some PPLNS time on KAWPOW and am also curious as to resolution. username parduke
dalr46

Post by dalr46 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:03 pm

Same here for a ton of PPLNS work, username Dalr46
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:55 pm

Good news! Steve believes he has fixed the Ravencoin found blocks issues, so I have deployed an update and re-enabled Ravencoin mining.

Regarding Ravencoin PPLNS, I need to adjust the contributions from users who mined PPLNS when the mining server was crediting too much about a week ago. But all PPLNS mining shares since the beginning of Ravencoin mining have been kept; none of your work will be wasted if the pool finds a PPLNS block.
Last edited by Chris Sokolowski on Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:56 pm

In PPLNS and solo mining, there is no guarantee when, or if, a block will be found. That's why the fees for those mining modes are lower than the fees for FPPS mode. Therefore, if KAWPOW mining were never reintroduced, no payouts would be issued for this work, just as no payouts would be issued if you had been mining directly against the blockchain yourself and never found a block.

Fortunately, we re-enabled KAWPOW mining with a fix for this most recent bug, and all previous proportions will continue to be used for the purpose of crediting PPLNS earnings.

However, if something causes a coin to be discontinued, like bugs or developers changing the coin's algorithm, no money will be paid out for the final round because those two modes only pay when blocks are found. That's a risk you should consider when mining in those modes going forward.
parduke

Post by parduke » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:28 pm

Awesome thanks for the hard work ya'll do! I do this for funzies not as super serious miner but I do enjoy trying new things and learning about the process. I hope ya'll enjoy it too.
-MaVerick-

Post by -MaVerick- » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:06 pm

parduke wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:28 pm I do this for funzies not as super serious miner but I do enjoy trying new things and learning about the process. I hope ya'll enjoy it too.
That sounds strangely familiar :mrgreen: You certainly found the right place, the team here is awesome.
sc32valve

Post by sc32valve » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:41 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:22 am
sc32valve