Resolved profitability issues

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Resolved profitability issues

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri May 27, 2016 6:27 pm

Would you be willing to try mining with c=litecoin and seeing what your profits are?

Theoretically, the pools should be very similar if you mine with c=litecoin.
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Fri May 27, 2016 11:26 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Would you be willing to try mining with c=litecoin and seeing what your profits are?

Could the fees be part of the problem? I do not know but I was just reading on litecoinpool in the FAQ section and it states this:
Is there a pool fee?
No, even the nominal PPS fee was removed when merged mining was introduced. In fact, the “fee” is now negative: the PPS ratio is currently 103%, meaning that miners earn 3% more than with a 0-fee PPS system.
But yes I can do another test using the c=litecoin but I will use only the A2 Miner as I need to shut some down anyway because it is getting to hot where I live and its time for the AC and my electric bill is going to break my wallet!! LOL
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Fri May 27, 2016 11:39 pm

Going to start the Pt-1 test tonight on Prohash 11pm tonight-11pm tomorrow 24hours using just the A2 using c=litecoin and d=8192
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat May 28, 2016 9:18 am

Great, thanks. Meanwhile, we found an issue with coin weighting, but it doesn't explain the entire difference. I'll explain more once a fix is determined.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat May 28, 2016 9:22 am

CritterDog wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:Would you be willing to try mining with c=litecoin and seeing what your profits are?

Could the fees be part of the problem? I do not know but I was just reading on litecoinpool in the FAQ section and it states this:
Is there a pool fee?
No, even the nominal PPS fee was removed when merged mining was introduced. In fact, the “fee” is now negative: the PPS ratio is currently 103%, meaning that miners earn 3% more than with a 0-fee PPS system.
But yes I can do another test using the c=litecoin but I will use only the A2 Miner as I need to shut some down anyway because it is getting to hot where I live and its time for the AC and my electric bill is going to break my wallet!! LOL
I don't understand this one. How do they make money to keep their servers online if they don't charge a fee?

Merge mining should account for 5-10% of total earnings. If they are paying 103%, that probably means that they are earning 110% and taking a fee from that. But it doesn't make sense that they would completely "remove" their fee.
gaanthony

Post by gaanthony » Sat May 28, 2016 11:22 pm

I mined at litecoinpool for the past few days while I was on vacation and for each of four days I received a steady 9 LTC each day. I've just changed back to mining here to see what a day will bring.
gaanthony

Post by gaanthony » Sat May 28, 2016 11:38 pm

First half hour showing 0.49 cents and both miner rejects rates are over 20%. Wasn't seeing that much percentage reject before. Will check in the morning and see how things settle out.
gaanthony

Post by gaanthony » Sun May 29, 2016 1:08 am

A little over two hours mining and reject % still over 20% and Hardware errors > 2% with dynamic settings showing 131072 as dynamic diff. Just changed to manual d=262144 and rejects 6% and HW errors normal at around 0.57%. Plus only $2 earned when on the other pool would have been about $3.
This is what my config looks like

{
"pools": [
{
"url": "stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333/#skipcbcheck#xnsub",
"user": "-----------",
"pass": "n=t22 d=262144"
}
],
"scrypt-n": 10,
"queue": "0",
"scan-time": "1",
"expiry": "1",
"no-longpoll": false,
"skip-security-checks": "0",
"no-unicode": true,
"retries": -1,
"no-show-processors": true,
"no-submit-stale": false,
"failover-only": true,
"quiet": true,
"compact": true,
"net-delay": false
}
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Sun May 29, 2016 1:20 am

CritterDog wrote:Going to start the Pt-1 test tonight on Prohash 11pm tonight-11pm tomorrow 24hours using just the A2 using c=litecoin and d=8192
Results
A2 Mega 110 only made .825
Litecoinpool Calc showed on there pool I would have made 1.07 and tonight after the test i turned off c=litecoin and restarted and noticed a HW errors right off that is very unusual. Right now I switched to my Gblacks 2 of them and also getting unusual high HW errors.. Something is different
gaanthony

Post by gaanthony » Sun May 29, 2016 3:07 pm

I changed back to dynamic difficulty to see how the change with computing block time affects things. Error rate is normal 0.4 to 0.8 percent. Anything less than 1% is good. Reject rate is 2.0% on one Titan and and 5.9% on the other in the miner interface. Too early to tell if earnings are on track.