Bad profit

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
hashingpro

Re: Bad profit

Post by hashingpro » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:51 am

Minerman wrote:And the results are:

Profit:

Prohaching: 0.008537 BTC = 30.8 USD

Nicehash: 0.0078 BTC = 35 USD

I'm confused how PH has the higher value of BTC payout: .0085 vs NH lower BTC payout .0078, and yet you say NH had a higher USD payout?
I math that something is amiss here.
Minerman

Post by Minerman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:56 am

I put in the wrong numbers. It is edited now.

Profit:

Prohaching: 0.006873 BTC = 30.8 USD

djole

Post by djole » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:20 am

on a good day PH should be around 43-44 USD compared with NC
on an average day PH should be around 39-40
but on Shitty days, like last few days was, is night mare.

Let's see what Steve and Chris will find in the next four days.
I hope that PH will be old good pool again
Minerman

Post by Minerman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:03 pm

Must have been a lot of "shitty" days lately.
I will do the test again when it is good days. :-)
For now.. PH cant even come close to NH.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:17 pm

Djole, I dont think the GOOD DAYS are coming around as much as you hoped. No on a good day PH should just be higher.

Please do not look at the values you saw the first 3 days you joined and just assume those values will be written in stone for the rest of the life of your mining career for your miner. Prices of the coins change, coins drop off the minable list, and more hardware adds to the network increasing the difficulty.

So on a good day....it should be close to what the 1MH/s expected payouts said it should have been.

The days of 43-44 were back when scrypt was making 10 cents a day....now we are down to under 7. Expect it to go lower still.
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:30 pm

hashingpro wrote:
CritterDog wrote:I am running a 24 hour profit comparison between litecoinpool.org and ProHash..Will post results in about 26 hours. Prohash still has a little under 2 hours then I will switch. Will post results tomorrow on how many Litecoins each pool pays in a 24 hour period. This is not to see which pool is better as profits change on Prohash. But I will run several test over the next week this should give us a better idea. :idea:
This is a piss poor experiment you are running. You are not reproducing the environment to reproduce the experiment.

You are running a miner for 1 day someplace then on another day running that miner someplace else...WOW the numbers from 1 day to another are different...WHO would ever have thought that? FYI you could have run the miner for 1 day at PH, and then the 2nd at PH and guess what? The numbers would have been different from one day to the next even on the same pool.

IF you plan to run this type of experiment...Use 2 miners that hash at the same rates, and stick one on each pool for 24 hours and THEN compare.
You have to compare apples to apples, comparing apples to day old rotten apples isn't quite a good metric to measure on.

Ideally you would want more datapoints to get a better average. Sticking 5 miners on each site and comparing the profits. Or take the top and bottom rates from each of the 2 pools toss them out, and average the middle 3 from each pool and compare. There are many ways to compare and verify the data...one way to NOT do it, it to collect it 1 day at a time on 1 pool without getting data from the other pool you wish to compare for that same day.
Why do you talk like a complete a hole? If you don't like the way I check pools do it your way but don't act like a ass to others
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:48 pm

Next time bring valid data to the discussion then.

YOU grabbed sets of data from two sites on two different days and then try to bring forth some kind of conclusion or point?
Yeah I'm the A-hole here.
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:39 pm

hashingpro wrote:Next time bring valid data to the discussion then.

YOU grabbed sets of data from two sites on two different days and then try to bring forth some kind of conclusion or point?
Yeah I'm the A-hole here.
You don't need to "tell me what I did" If you can't give constructive criticism without being total dick then get off your high horse or stop posting.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:51 pm

CritterDog wrote:You don't need to "tell me what I did" If you can't give constructive criticism without being total dick then get off your high horse or stop posting.
Well, apparently you DO need someone to tell you what you did, and that it was done improperly.
And I did give constructive criticism, I told you how to do it properly.
I'm sorry you have such a terrible grasp on how to collect data, please don't blame me for your ineptitude.

Yep, soon as you come up with a worthwhile experiment instead of grabbing 2 numbers out of the ether that have no reference to each other, I'll get right on that.

Until then....HI-HO SILVER! Away!
Minerman

Post by Minerman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:55 am

Well, here you have a "real" test then hashingpro:

Profit:

Prohaching: 0.006873 BTC = 30.8 USD