Bad profit

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Minerman

Re: Bad profit

Post by Minerman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:48 pm

Hello Mindreader! :-)

Average mining efficiency right now: 90.00%

Does that mean that i will lose 10+5 (fee) =85 percent compared to Litecoinpool that is paying 100 + 3= 103 percent?

Who is paying the best?
PH must pay better than straight LTC-mining with 118 percent then?
Is that right?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:35 pm

Minerman wrote:Hello Mindreader! :-)

Average mining efficiency right now: 90.00%

Does that mean that i will lose 10+5 (fee) =85 percent compared to Litecoinpool that is paying 100 + 3= 103 percent?

Who is paying the best?
PH must pay better than straight LTC-mining with 118 percent then?
Is that right?
all numbers already take into account the fees, so any numbers you see, is what youre actually earning
Minerman

Post by Minerman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:15 pm

Ok, so it is just 90 percent worse... than litecoinmining at 103 percent?

PH has to do 113 percent better than litecoinpool ?
vinylwasp

Post by vinylwasp » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:30 pm

Look at the payout numbers and chart on the Charts page. The efficiency number you are refering too has no direct relationship to profits because it does not factor in the coin you're mining or it's profitability.

Average mining efficiency
<--- FROM the Help page.

Your average mining efficiency for the past two hours. Mining efficiency is the percentage of shares that are accepted divided by the total number of shares submitted. Rejected shares will decrease mining efficiency. Since it is impossible to completely eliminate rejected shares, a mining efficiency of 98% or greater is considered excellent. Lower efficiencies can be caused by bugs in your mining software, hardware errors in your miner, and high latency with the Prohashing server.

The figure displayed in this box are averaged over a longer period of time and are useful for determining the medium-term performance of mining equipment. The "worker status" table represents a more accurate snapshot of what is happening right now with each miner.

Also from: Status as of Saturday, September 9, 2017
There were issues with share insertion yesterday. I know how to fix them but the problem is of low priority at the moment. There are also issues with live profitability numbers, which are of low priority behind the performance issues. Chris credited yesterday's surpluses to all miners, so the paid profits are higher than those reported in the charts.
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Minerman wrote:Ok, so it is just 90 percent worse... than litecoinmining at 103 percent?

PH has to do 113 percent better than litecoinpool ?
Why don´t you try litecoinpool for a day and let us know what happend the day after? I can tell you by practical experience, PH is doing +/- 20% better.
Minerman

Post by Minerman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:09 pm

Ok..

Starting a new testrun now.

time: 00:10

Liteconinpool vs Prohashing.

One miner at both places.

Edit: No test. Disconnected from PH again.
Last edited by Minerman on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:26 pm

good luck! i would like to know the outcome since i definitely made around 20% extra over here
coinzcoinzcoinz

Post by coinzcoinzcoinz » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:28 pm

So what was the outcome to this?