Weird cgminer data being displayed

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Some1notu

Weird cgminer data being displayed

Post by Some1notu » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:27 pm

Lately I've been getting some weird data displayed in cgminer as it mines. It will be mining along happily, then start finding block after block. Dozens of them in rapid succession. Of course the blocks are not really found. I'm using 4.3.5 and Zeus miners on a Win7 lappie. Has anyone else had this happen? It is like cgminer is displaying past found blocks for a whole pool, as though I just found them. :|

I nearly soiled myself the first time I saw it while solo mining LTC and it showed me finding about 100 blocks in rapid-fire :lol:
Hashing Tortoise

Re: Weird cgminer data being displayed

Post by Hashing Tortoise » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:32 pm

Yes, I'm on cgminer 3.7.2 and I have seen the same thing. I sent in an email The response from Christopeher was that after checking the database, everything looked pretty much in line but would continue to monitor the situation. Sometimes the block shows up on the stats page and other times it doesn't.
Remember the Tortoise and the Hare? You don't have to be the fastest hasher. Perseverance pays off.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Weird cgminer data being displayed

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:04 am

We'll add this to the list of things to review this weekend.

I don't know why this is happening, but it doesn't have any effect on profitability. For now, you can just ignore it, and we'll investigate whether it's causing more subtle problems over the weekend.