Status as of Wednesday, October 21

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Wednesday, October 21

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:04 pm

Here's an update for today. Right now, we're swamped with a number of issues that have appeared suddenly and which have halted new development for the near future. Here is the order in which we are addressing the issues.
  • The database server was overloaded with cleanup from discontinuation of coins. I should be finished with VACCUUMing the database shortly.
  • Before the issues began, we were in the process of testing code that builds upon our own orphaned blocks, when our blocks are orphaned, in an attempt to orphan the block that orphaned us. We need to finish this because it is merged with everything else at this point.
  • Chris added 21 new coins, but for some reason the mining server hasn't enabled them. We need to debug the server and figure out why the coins were not enabled.
  • Slippage suddenly increased to 8% suddenly last Tuesday and has remained high since then. We need to investigate the cause of the slippage and, if necessary, write and release code to fix the problem.
  • Chris needs to investigate why our Zeus miners are beginning to show hardware errors and resolve the problem.
  • After these things are fixed, then there is the problem with hashrate being lower than expected. I tried to get some numbers on this issue last night, but the hardware errors caused me to waste the entire night.
  • I have another way of performing work restart testing that works fine with rented mining pools. It should eliminate many of the errors people are seeing with suboptimal restart times, but it needs to be lower on the priorities list than these other issues, unfortunately.
We're working as quickly as possible to resolve the issues, but it's unlikely they will all be resolved immediately. Fortunately, since it's the end of the month, I'll have a four day weekend on October 29-November 1 to work on these issues full time and make sure they are all finished by then.
valta4065

Re: Status as of Wednesday, October 21

Post by valta4065 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:10 pm

Is this why I never got a payout in bitcoin and doge this morning?
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Status as of Wednesday, October 21

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:52 pm

Sorry about that. The cause of that problem was a change in bitcoin-xt. We corrected the incompatibility and the payouts executed successfully this morning.