Looking for new feature requests

News updates about the Prohashing pool
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 3526
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA
Contact:

Re: Looking for new feature requests

Postby Steve Sokolowski » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:03 am

derbagni wrote:
ajs wrote:
derbagni wrote:I think for someone who does this as a hobby and doesn't keep up to date on every coin out there, some sort of graphical representation of coins you can get paid out in that shows relative market cap and liquidity in the market would be useful (even if just a spreadsheet would be fine). Even if not pretty, just having that information available without having to look up each coin individually might make the research process easier for individuals.

For instance, if I want to branch out from the well known coins, I could sort the coins that are offered for payout by Prohashing by market cap and/or liquidty, and use that as my starting point. For me personally, I stay away from very small marketcap and even very low liquidity coins. While it may not be all that beneficial for some people, I think for those that are newer to mining it might provide a useful bit of information.


These resources might be useful to you.
https://coin360.com
https://forbescrypto.com/crypto
https://markets.bitcoin.com


I appreciate it, but I think that the issue is more being able to quickly look at specifically what coins prohashing offers for payout and having an idea of the coins relative size. If only the top 100 were available then it would be easy, but I dont even recognize 75% of the payout options so its daunting to try and look up every one. But if I could see that Titcoin has almost no volume or market cap, then i wouldn't waste my time.


What statistics are you looking for to be displayed for these coins? Constance could add the ability to see basic statistics when the coin is selected in the "Payout Proportions" box.

But we need to know what specific statistics we would need, and where we could obtain those statistics. We would need to be able to obtain them from an automated source, which does not have commercial use restrictions.
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 3526
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA
Contact:

Re: Looking for new feature requests

Postby Steve Sokolowski » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:07 am

dra2120 wrote:Another idea, that is probably more unique to me, but I'll throw it out there anyway. I would like to be able to have "custodial accounts", and what I mean is, I'd like to be able to take one of my miners and "designate" it for my 3 year old. I figure if I point one machine to mine for him, then by the time he hits college he should be able to pay for it all in mined crypto, but I don't want to set up another whole user account for him. So maybe the ability to send profits to a separate payout address by using the existing password argument to group miners?


Thanks for the suggestion, but we'll have to decline this for legal reasons. If you decide to take custody of someone else's assets, you are liable to the other person, and we are only liable to you. If we allow people to designate others as the recipients of coins, that adds more liability to us because now we have to deal with multiple people.
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 3526
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA
Contact:

Re: Looking for new feature requests

Postby Steve Sokolowski » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:12 am

Hearing what people have said so far, it seems to me that the current summary is the following:

1. We will not implement customization features, like being able to change the color of graphs or their position or being able to hide ones you don't like.
2. There was a general category of portfolio features, which we addressed with portfolio targeting and which seems to have been finished.
3. The mobile application continues to receive a lot of interest, and we're going to start conducting research on this to determine what should be included in the application.
4. There is a category of "research" features - where people want data to be available, like mining profitability for specific miners, market capitalization for coins, and so on, to help them make decisions.

There are also a number of requests for new algorithms and payout coins that are out of the scope of this thread.

Is this an accurate summary, and is it true that research and data seems to be a requested feature?
derbagni
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: Looking for new feature requests

Postby derbagni » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:52 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
derbagni wrote:


I appreciate it, but I think that the issue is more being able to quickly look at specifically what coins prohashing offers for payout and having an idea of the coins relative size. If only the top 100 were available then it would be easy, but I dont even recognize 75% of the payout options so its daunting to try and look up every one. But if I could see that Titcoin has almost no volume or market cap, then i wouldn't waste my time.


What statistics are you looking for to be displayed for these coins? Constance could add the ability to see basic statistics when the coin is selected in the "Payout Proportions" box.

But we need to know what specific statistics we would need, and where we could obtain those statistics. We would need to be able to obtain them from an automated source, which does not have commercial use restrictions.


I would think market capitalization, rank, volume, exchanges listed on and pairs available would be the most pertinent information overall, though any information is helpful. I don't think it would need to be exhaustive, but just a good starting off point for starting to research a coin is valuable, so I am not having to go alphabetically through all the coins offered and start looking them up in CMC.

Thanks!
User avatar
dragonbyte_llc
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:20 am

Re: Looking for new feature requests

Postby dragonbyte_llc » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:44 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
dragonbyte_llc wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
We're already looking into this issue, so this doesn't have to be included in the poll. What we found, though, is that there unfortunately aren't many coins for this algorithm. This algorithm is a variant of the original Cryptonight, and Monero just switched to it in an attempt to be using a unique algorithm.



All the more reason to get the CN algo up. Last I checked, there should be some 10 coins to switch between. Monero is going to keep forking every 6 months leaving "bastard children" in its wake.

Cheers!

DB


There is a lot of demand for this algorithm, but the available manpower does not, unfortunately, have the expertise to work on this feature. That's why website and mining server changes are being requested for now. Chris, who installs coins and sets up daemons, believes he still needs about 100-150 hours to complete the 1099-MISC return to sender processing, the business taxes, the personal taxes, and responses to IRS "form 941" requests he wasn't aware existed.

This is definitely something we'll consider in March or April, though, and I'll put it on the list.


Thanks for the update! Sounds like Chris needs an apprentice.

DB
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 3526
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA
Contact:

Re: Looking for new feature requests

Postby Steve Sokolowski » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:40 pm

dragonbyte_llc wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
dragonbyte_llc wrote:

All the more reason to get the CN algo up. Last I checked, there should be some 10 coins to switch between. Monero is going to keep forking every 6 months leaving "bastard children" in its wake.

Cheers!

DB


There is a lot of demand for this algorithm, but the available manpower does not, unfortunately, have the expertise to work on this feature. That's why website and mining server changes are being requested for now. Chris, who installs coins and sets up daemons, believes he still needs about 100-150 hours to complete the 1099-MISC return to sender processing, the business taxes, the personal taxes, and responses to IRS "form 941" requests he wasn't aware existed.

This is definitely something we'll consider in March or April, though, and I'll put it on the list.


Thanks for the update! Sounds like Chris needs an apprentice.

DB


You're right. Unfortunately, in these hard times for cryptocurrencies, that's probably not the best idea right now.
XXXJAYXXX
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:54 am

Re: Looking for new feature requests

Postby XXXJAYXXX » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:33 am

Would be awesome if you guys could integrate with a multi-algo GPU miner such as Nemo's miner. They make an excellent open source GUI miner for Nvidia GPU's and have added many different pools, they have also continuously put out new and improved versions every few months even during the down market. Seems like a solid team! Would love to be able to switch my GPU rigs over to prohashing.. but the algo switching really does make a big difference!
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 3526
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA
Contact:

Re: Looking for new feature requests

Postby Steve Sokolowski » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:18 pm

XXXJAYXXX wrote:Would be awesome if you guys could integrate with a multi-algo GPU miner such as Nemo's miner. They make an excellent open source GUI miner for Nvidia GPU's and have added many different pools, they have also continuously put out new and improved versions every few months even during the down market. Seems like a solid team! Would love to be able to switch my GPU rigs over to prohashing.. but the algo switching really does make a big difference!


This has been a feature we've wanted to create for a long time, but we thought that we would have to write our own miner for it.

How does this miner determine which algorithm to switch to?
derbagni
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: Looking for new feature requests

Postby derbagni » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:06 pm

Another feature that occured to me that would be super helpful in maximizing profit is a slippage indicator. I am actually not sure it would be easily developed or implemented, but my assumption is that getting paid out in very low volume coins means that the fees and costs associated with acquiring them would reduce profitability. For instance, my assumption is if I want to get paid in Zec, and mine equihash, my fees should be near zero, not to mention I wouldn't manipulate the Zec market. However, if I want say Titcoin, then there is a conversion to BTC then to Titcoin then paid out (though maybe I am wrong) and there is a chance that if I mine enough, and want a low volume coin, I would manipulate the price.

Not sure ifi t's possible, but I always want to maximize profit, so if it turns out I'm losing 5% getting a low volume coin vs BTC then I'll stick with BTC. It would be nice of that could be quantified.
RCMco
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:50 pm

Re: Looking for new feature requests

Postby RCMco » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:41 am

1) A mobile app that allows you to monitor the "Live Mining Status" area.
2) A way to monitor the vitals of a miner such as temp or even the ability to reboot a miner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests