Website Proposal for Miner Grouping

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Constance Hilliard

Website Proposal for Miner Grouping

Post by Constance Hilliard » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Hello everyone,

We have some big news for you all, we are planning on implementing the grouping of miners on Prohashing!

The idea was daunting at first as this requires more changes than most features. This is to be a new core feature of our site, not something just tacked on. We wanted to integrate it in a way that was scalable without making everyone scroll further down than ever before. We have created an official report for you all to talk about and give feedback, so we can ensure that this is done with the support of our customer base. This will go out over social media soon (if it hasn't already).

Feedback can be done as comments or if other prefer we can take it in the form of support tickets at support.prohashing.com. If there are a lot of repeating questions we will put out an FAQ or revision in due time. This won't be implemented until everyone is as comfortable as possible with the idea. We will be putting questions and feelers out in our polls soon.

Without further ado here is the link to the PDF:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jNM8Ms ... sp=sharing
skuthan

Re: Website Proposal for Miner Grouping

Post by skuthan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:38 pm

I think that would be pretty useful. Looks clean.

"This opens the floodgates for feature requests such as organizing pool boxes based on personal preference and other such settings that we are not considering in this."

That's cool, but when you do consider it please also consider giving the same functionality to the live balance boxes.
navigatrix

Post by navigatrix » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:21 am

It looks good. I would definitely want to drill down to each individual miner.
The "Average Mining Efficiency" and "Rejected Share Reasons" could be combined to save screen real estate. Also, although the mining efficiency meter is cool, I wonder if it might be better to just display the percentage and also free up some space?
mycide

Post by mycide » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:12 am

Love it, would have wanted it a year ago thou.Better late then never ;)
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
alim

Post by alim » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:25 am

Constance Hilliard wrote:From the PDF:

... feature requests such as organizing pool boxes based on personal preference and other such
settings that we are not considering in this. We will get more into that later in the year, for now only minimization on a
session basis or a trail of saving minimization settings is being considered.
I really like the idea of being able to personalise where on the Dashboard the boxes would go... for me, I have screens with different resolutions, so my window size varies very often - when I reduce the width, eg horizontal the 2nd "column" goes below the first.

So when you implement this, could you please let us have multiple profiles per user - eg for me it would be something like "full-screen" and "narrow", and possibly "tablet" if these don't work on the go.

A huge portion of my screen is static / historic, so personally, I would group by frequency of what I like to check - eg active items from Current Earnings page + Charts page and then the historic / transactional amounts like account activity, earnings by coin, earnings per day (as I can't do anything about them)

I hope that this helps - if you would like a beta tester, I'm more than happy to oblige. I have an old tower which is just collect dust right now, so it won't impact work.
Constance Hilliard

Post by Constance Hilliard » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:09 pm

navigatrix wrote:It looks good. I would definitely want to drill down to each individual miner.
The "Average Mining Efficiency" and "Rejected Share Reasons" could be combined to save screen real estate. Also, although the mining efficiency meter is cool, I wonder if it might be better to just display the percentage and also free up some space?
In the new proposal, the pool box for the efficiency meter is gone and there is now only percentages.
Constance Hilliard

Post by Constance Hilliard » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:10 pm

mycide wrote:Love it, would have wanted it a year ago thou.Better late then never ;)
I only started in November, give me timeeee :cry:

Haha in all seriousness though, I understand and your comment made me laugh :D
Constance Hilliard

Post by Constance Hilliard » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:29 pm

alim wrote:So when you implement this, could you please let us have multiple profiles per user - eg for me it would be something like "full-screen" and "narrow", and possibly "tablet" if these don't work on the go.
So the whole issue of multiple profiles per users is what the overall idea of grouping is supposed to fix. Most users we gathered were using separate profiles for different algorithms to give them a sort of grouping mechanic. Having sub-profiles or sub-accounts is most likely never going to be a feature we create. The grouping we implement is in the hopes that people can be rid of their other accounts and only need 1.

In the first release of this, as I stated, we will allow some kind of minimization of pool boxes, and after the release is tested and stable we will consider more dramatic customization and preferences. We will be testing more heavily on mobile devices than in previous features had been to ensure it is more friendly. The splitting of the content on the pages is to have a dashboard with the most important information we are aware that miners like to see most. Adding the new page allowed the dashboard to be a short, more condensed, mainly free of more historic type data that should would better for smaller mobile screens or those who keep a tab/screen open all the time just watching.

Ultimately though for mobile devices, we are finally going to shift into brainstorming an official app, after this feature is released and stable.
alim

Post by alim » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:31 pm

Constance thanks for coming back on this. I'm well aware that I push the boundaries of what most organisations envisage. Fewer accounts is better :)

For me, this is a hobby income to supplement my supposed retirement.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:10 am

alim wrote:For me, this is a hobby income to supplement my supposed retirement.
Be careful...if its only classified as a 'HOBBY' none of it is deductible.
You need to step up a level to be able to claim it all.

Depending where you live requirements may vary.