Feeler Thread - S9 Cloud mining

Offer mining equipment or coins for sale, or request offers to buy. Conduct business at your own risk.
Forum rules
Only items that you own right now can be sold. Pre-orders and selling on behalf of others is prohibited. Prohashing does not evaluate the competitiveness or legitimacy of offers.
N00BMiner33

Feeler Thread - S9 Cloud mining

Postby N00BMiner33 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:10 pm

Hello everyone, this is a feeler thread for cloud mining contracts. A company located near me is attempting to become the largest datacenter/Mining Farm in the U.S. part of that is the sale of mining contracts. So I am am reaching out to all of you to see who would be interested in purchasing a mining contract from them. I have very basic details at the moment as they are still finalizing everything on their end but here are the basicis:

A 12 month Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash cloud mining contract at 14 TH/s (a single S9) for under $5,000.00 USD. So they have the miner, will host it and take care of power, internet, maintenance (goal of only 5% down time over the year), and the pool (they are in the process of creating their own pool so that would reduce the pool and transaction fees).

Basically their farm consists of hundred to thousands of S9's that they are hosting and have the ability through their hosting contracts to rent out the S9's. I realize the price is more expensive than Genesis-Mining (GM) but their contracts are currently completely bought out and when are available they sell out very fast.

Please let me know what you folks think and feel about these cloud mining contracts, if you are interested PM me and i'll be happy to put you in contact with them once they go live. We are hoping to go live in the next 2-3 months.
AppleMiner

Re: Feeler Thread - S9 Cloud mining

Postby AppleMiner » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:14 pm

will they offer hosting and allow miners to be pointed to pools of their owners choices?

Or is part of this that they get to specify their own pool as part of this deal?
N00BMiner33

Postby N00BMiner33 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:32 pm

AppleMiner wrote:will they offer hosting and allow miners to be pointed to pools of their owners choices?

Or is part of this that they get to specify their own pool as part of this deal?

I'm not sure yet. I know they plan on creating their own pool which will cut down on any fees to a middle man. At the same time if i am spending so much money on a cloud mining contract i would hope i could point it any where i wanted.
I feel as though their primary customer are those who are less knowledgeable about actual mining and all the nuances of it. Mush more so a regular person who wants to invest in Crypto or Bitcoin but doesn't want all the extra effort and head ache that comes with mining.

Assuming you could direct the miner to mine where and what you want, what do you think of it over all?
AppleMiner

Postby AppleMiner » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:05 pm

Not something I think I would ever do. I would rather buy the miner and own it and send it to them to host it. If they were a hosting service Id be more interested. As a mining contract that after a year and 5K I then have nothing to show for it....

Think I could just BUY a S9 on the internet, pay 3-4K even at raised prices, and just pay my own electricty for a year and at the end of the year still own the hardware and run it for another year at reduced profits.

I like to keep all my machines under my control, I've never liked the idea of sending my machine to someone else...who may or may not skip town or country with the machine in hand. So until a place is well established enough and has a track record gaining trust to either take 5K and give me a product for a full year and not skip town, or have me send them my miner to run and take care of for me....I wouldn't be the risk taker on that one.

I'm sure there are some folks who...don't have the room, spouse might kill them over the sound, cant add more to the electric grid on the house, cost of electricity is so high that paying a hosting site costs them less....might be interested in such a service.
N00BMiner33

Postby N00BMiner33 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:02 am

AppleMiner wrote:Not something I think I would ever do. I would rather buy the miner and own it and send it to them to host it. If they were a hosting service Id be more interested. As a mining contract that after a year and 5K I then have nothing to show for it....

Think I could just BUY a S9 on the internet, pay 3-4K even at raised prices, and just pay my own electricty for a year and at the end of the year still own the hardware and run it for another year at reduced profits.

I like to keep all my machines under my control, I've never liked the idea of sending my machine to someone else...who may or may not skip town or country with the machine in hand. So until a place is well established enough and has a track record gaining trust to either take 5K and give me a product for a full year and not skip town, or have me send them my miner to run and take care of for me....I wouldn't be the risk taker on that one.

I'm sure there are some folks who...don't have the room, spouse might kill them over the sound, cant add more to the electric grid on the house, cost of electricity is so high that paying a hosting site costs them less....might be interested in such a service.

They have talked about hosting ASIC miners for individuals. So you send them your miner with your settings on it, they plug it in, power it up, and maintain it for you. Sadly at this time i don't have any additional details regarding that. It is something i am very interested in, especially as we get closer to summer.

I agree with your thoughts about buying a miner and running it. To me it is pretty similar in costs, 3.5K for a S9, 1K for power, $200 for misc (cords, shipping, taxes, fees, etc.) that equals $4,700 so pretty close to the cost of the contract its self and much less hassle. But the contract is only good for one year, if you buy the miner its yours.
wonderminer

Postby wonderminer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:39 am

Sounds interesting. May I find out more details about prices, terms, etc? Don't sure that I can afford this but it's more convenient than placing miners at home. Also, maybe the farm offer other coins because I prefer ETH? BTC is cool too, although. Please, PM me. Thanks in advance.