Website Wishlist

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Sarah Manter

Re: Website Wishlist

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:14 pm

TechElucidation wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:03 pm Hello,

Something I would really like to see is the ability to track profitability more efficiently to decide if there is something else we should be mining. Right now for smaller cards, things have gone back and forth between Kawpow or Etchash. To be honest it wasn't till the outage a few days ago that I realized that Etchash had come up, and have actually switched over. As you know, it is not as easy as saying today Kawpow is 5.11c and 3.16c - and know which to mine until you know how well your system does each one.

What would be really nice is to be able to create a list of 'devices' or 'rigs' and list what capabilities each has (algos supported, and at what rate), then have that tie into the profitability data to say what it would do under each algo. I can create a spreadsheet right now, then go to the status page, and plug the numbers in, but that can become cumbersome to do. I get excited about the idea, but then lazy about execution.

So for example I could add my '3060Rig' as a device (it has five 3060 Ti's, a 2060, and an AMD 5600xt - so pretty unique to me alone), and right now it is doing about ~294Mh/s on Ether. But I would like to also record that it can do x Mh/s if I used Kawpow, and y Mh/s if I was doing Etchash. Then be able to easily use the daily profitability data to see (roughly) earnings per day based on that, so I can confirm which is the best in my particular circumstance.

To put the icing on the cake, it would be able to set alerts if the 'best performer' were to change significantly. This would probably go crazy on things that were neck and neck and we can't change every 5 minutes, so perhaps if you could say 'tell me if the best one changes by 5% or more', or just a once a day confirmation when you update the profitability pages.

Anyways, just my idea.
To be clear, you're talking about something more automated than the worker configurator?
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:15 pm

RCMco wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:47 am A way to delete a no longer used referral miner. I have one connected to my account that is no longer mining and I have to see it every time I log in.

Boris PGHhIA970 1 $0.0000 $0.8043

I would love to delete it.
No promises, but I created a ticket for Michael to look into this. It'll be a bit probably before he has the chance because his top priority right now is getting the new website released by the end of the month.
TechElucidation

Post by TechElucidation » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:50 am

Sarah Manter wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:14 pm

Something I would really like to see is the ability to track profitability more efficiently to decide if there is something else we should be mining. Right now for smaller cards, things have gone back and forth between Kawpow or Etchash. To be honest it wasn't till the outage a few days ago that I realized that Etchash had come up, and have actually switched over. As you know, it is not as easy as saying today Kawpow is 5.11c and 3.16c - and know which to mine until you know how well your system does each one.

What would be really nice is to be able to create a list of 'devices' or 'rigs' and list what capabilities each has (algos supported, and at what rate), then have that tie into the profitability data to say what it would do under each algo. I can create a spreadsheet right now, then go to the status page, and plug the numbers in, but that can become cumbersome to do. I get excited about the idea, but then lazy about execution.

So for example I could add my '3060Rig' as a device (it has five 3060 Ti's, a 2060, and an AMD 5600xt - so pretty unique to me alone), and right now it is doing about ~294Mh/s on Ether. But I would like to also record that it can do x Mh/s if I used Kawpow, and y Mh/s if I was doing Etchash. Then be able to easily use the daily profitability data to see (roughly) earnings per day based on that, so I can confirm which is the best in my particular circumstance.

To put the icing on the cake, it would be able to set alerts if the 'best performer' were to change significantly. This would probably go crazy on things that were neck and neck and we can't change every 5 minutes, so perhaps if you could say 'tell me if the best one changes by 5% or more', or just a once a day confirmation when you update the profitability pages.

Anyways, just my idea.
To be clear, you're talking about something more automated than the worker configurator?
Correct. Even with the Worker Configurator I would have to go in each day and put each device in, and select each algorithm, and track the estimated profits.

What I would like to see is a page where I could save eacg if my devices in ProHashing, with hashrates for each algorithm, and then be able to see a table of results instantly (and hopefully get alerts).

So for example, I might save these three devices to my profile:

Code: Select all

Name: NAS
ETHash: 0
ETCHash: 31
Kawpow: 7.9

Name: NAS2060
ETHash: 31
Kawpow: 12

Name: 3060Rig
ETHash: 294
ETCHash: 274
Kawpow: 144
Then I could simply go the 'device profitability' page, and get a table like this without having to enter the information every time.

Device		ETHash		ETCHash		Kawpow
NAS		-		$0.4549		$0.3861
NAS2060		$1.0365		$0.9402		$0.5865
3060Rig		$9.8296		$8.3102		$7.0378
Obviously it should support all the algorithms that can be switched between and supported on ProHashing, I am just being lazy targeting these three. You could then highlight the highest one for each device, and as I mentioned, if it changes significantly or once a day, send an email to the user so we would know ETCHash was now earning more than Kawpow.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:24 am

TechElucidation wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:50 am
Sarah Manter wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:14 pm

Anyways, just my idea.
Correct. Even with the Worker Configurator I would have to go in each day and put each device in, and select each algorithm, and track the estimated profits.

What I would like to see is a page where I could save eacg if my devices in ProHashing, with hashrates for each algorithm, and then be able to see a table of results instantly (and hopefully get alerts).

So for example, I might save these three devices to my profile:

Name: NAS
ETHash: 0
Kawpow: 7.9

Name: NAS2060
ETHash: 31
Kawpow: 12

Name: 3060Rig
ETHash: 294
ETCHash: 274
Kawpow: 144
Then I could simply go the 'device profitability' page, and get a table like this without having to enter the information every time.

Device		ETHash		ETCHash		Kawpow
NAS		-		$0.4549		$0.3861
NAS2060		$1.0365		$0.9402		$0.5865
3060Rig		$9.8296		$8.3102		$7.0378
Obviously it should support all the algorithms that can be switched between and supported on ProHashing, I am just being lazy targeting these three. You could then highlight the highest one for each device, and as I mentioned, if it changes significantly or once a day, send an email to the user so we would know ETCHash was now earning more than Kawpow.
OK. Thank you for the details. No promises, but I’m putting in a ticket to look into this. It would definitely be a bit before we can look into it because the top priority right now is getting the rebranded website out first.
RCMco

Post by RCMco » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:01 pm

Sarah Manter wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:15 pm
RCMco wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:47 am A way to delete a no longer used referral miner. I have one connected to my account that is no longer mining and I have to see it every time I log in.

Boris PGHhIA970 1 $0.0000 $0.8043

I would love to delete it.
No promises, but I created a ticket for Michael to look into this. It'll be a bit probably before he has the chance because his top priority right now is getting the new website released by the end of the month.
Either way... THANK YOU !
OneOfThePetes

Post by OneOfThePetes » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:23 pm

Revert the colour scheme to the previous one so I can bear actually using prohashing again.

By far the worst looking site I've seen in a long time.
I left because I hate the colour scheme.
Plenty of other mining pools out there that don't look as terrible.