Policy changes coming this weekend

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Ewil

Re: Policy changes coming this weekend

Post by Ewil » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:15 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: I just figured it out. A user posted why there have been so many attacks in this thread: bitmain hack

The number of attacks was about 120,000 on October 19 (probably because the hacking software was finished halfway through the day), 260,000 on October 20, and similar numbers on October 21. On October 22, "prevent Tor access" was enabled and cut the number of attacks.

But on October 18, there were just 327 attacks. The criminals must have bought the database from the thieves, and then rushed to write software to use this database before their Tor access was going to be cut off by the new release.

The reason there were so many people who got money stolen is obviously because they used the same password in their Bitmain accounts as they did here. This is extremely frustrating. I don't know how many times I can repeat that there are no circumstances where you should ever use the same password as you do on another site.
I saw that. Seriously... if it involves money, USE A UNIQUE PASSWORD. Ugh, some people I swear...
wisdomofsol

Re: Policy changes coming this weekend

Post by wisdomofsol » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:02 pm

is authy >> G2FA??