BTC FORK -- PH Policy

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
3Moose

BTC FORK -- PH Policy

Post by 3Moose » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:14 pm

What happens to the uncredited PH BTC we have in our PH BTC wallet after the fork? Do we have BTC and BTC gold?

Maybe it makes more sense to get paid in an alt coin (LTC) during the period of uncertainty.
Ewil

Re: BTC FORK -- PH Policy

Post by Ewil » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:02 pm

This isn't forking like BTC & BCC did. This is going to be two entirely different coins, each going their own way (from what I've read). So it isn't going to be a stock-split style effect.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:19 pm

i really wish people wouldnt say things they dont understand

if bros choose to support bitcoin gold, it will work exactly how it did for bitcoin cash, based on when the chain snapshot was taken.
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:23 pm

and the shitcoin gold has already have a snapshot, so don't expect any (new worthless) gold
Ewil

Post by Ewil » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:03 pm

GregoryGHarding wrote:i really wish people wouldnt say things they dont understand

if bros choose to support bitcoin gold, it will work exactly how it did for bitcoin cash, based on when the chain snapshot was taken.
Until BTG implements replay protection (which they have not yet, nor have they opened their source to the public), it won't work "exactly like" bitcoin cash.

Take note - unless that's implemented, DO NOT DO ANY BTC/BTG TRANSACTIONS.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:13 pm

Ewil wrote:
GregoryGHarding wrote:i really wish people wouldnt say things they dont understand

Until BTG implements replay protection (which they have not yet, nor have they opened their source to the public), it won't work "exactly like" bitcoin cash.

Take note - unless that's implemented, DO NOT DO ANY BTC/BTG TRANSACTIONS.
individual service providers are guaranteeing replay protection with their service. not necessarily from BTG.
cryptodoe

Post by cryptodoe » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:47 pm

Ewil wrote: Until BTG implements replay protection (which they have not yet, nor have they opened their source to the public)
Code is open source, but replay protection is not implemented yet https://github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:17 pm

I'm going to talk with Chris about this.

Unless we can be convinced otherwise, I think that the lack of replay protection makes it too risky to offer payouts in both coins. Remember, the developers have a huge premine, and I suspect that this coin will be almost worthless after an initial surge.

Bitcoin Gold isn't like Bitcoin Cash. It's not a group of people who have a difference of opinion and want to compete with Segwit bitcoin. Gold is run by developers who premined 1% of all the coins that will ever exist, inflating the money supply for their own benefit.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:37 pm

i have a feeling this wont be the end of forks on bitcoin. since cash, i think everyone thinks they can fork a bitcoin alt in attempt to cash out on a higher than average profit coin.
jupjup

Post by jupjup » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:44 am

So what does this mean for BTC that hasn't been paid out yet? If no BTG will credited (which I can imagine with no replay protection), maybe it's possible to make sure next BTC payout is before block 491407? Cheers!