How best to protect your Bitcoins in the next few days?

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
n00bminer

How best to protect your Bitcoins in the next few days?

Post by n00bminer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:49 pm

Let's say I really do not care or am not smart enough to know which side to take in the fork nonsense with BTC. However, I have BTC on hand and need to protect their future value.

What is the best strategy to carry my original bitcoins to the next stage of life in the next coming days without losing any intrinsic value?

Hold them in my Bitcoin Core wallet?
Cash out?
Shift them to something else(ex. ltc)?
fattygrub

Re: How best to protect your Bitcoins in the next few days?

Post by fattygrub » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:11 pm

i only have several hundred USD worth of BTC right now moving back and forth daily between nicehash and prohashing.

i am thinking my best option is to move my BTC into my coinbase USD wallet until the dust settles.

especially with the way BTC has fallen in the past few days, i only see bad bad bad.
AvPro

Post by AvPro » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:48 pm

I believe if you are holding BTC the best option is to keep them in a wallet where you have control of the private keys (e.g Bitcoin Core). If you keep them in a cloud wallet or exchange wallet you are not in control and your coins will follow the decision of the service ultimately holding your keys.
My 2 ubtc
kutt

Post by kutt » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:44 am

Btc is the most popular crypto currency now. Bitcoin created a lot of noise around. In turn, I want to get bitcoins. I read a very detailed article on how to buy bitcoin https://faqbitcoin.com/how-to-buy-bitco ... k-account/, but I want to hear advice for acquiring. How much $ can I make on bitcoins? I still didn't come to a decision whether to own the bitcoins.
scarell

Post by scarell » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:18 am

the best way - to keep them there, where you have a control
Cryptotree

Post by Cryptotree » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:14 am

scarell wrote:the best way - to keep them there, where you have a control
This. A wallet where you and only you control the private keys.