Trying to understand/learn

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
mrgoldy

Trying to understand/learn

Post by mrgoldy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:01 pm

I'm all setup on prohashing, love the format, love the verge/switch mining, love the payout coin choice.
use my GPU/X11 and my ASIC/scrypt, no specific password arguments other than a=x11 or scrypt and d=

So as I understand
As long as my miner(s) is Hashrate/kWh profitable for some coins on that algo(checking on calculator sites)
and I point it to prohashing, prohashing then flips between the most profitable coins giving me the best achievable profit for my miner, and my payout is whatever coin I choose.

Do people choose certain coins just by their preference?
coins they think will jump in the future? is there discussion on what coins people choose payout? outside sites for that?

When I find a block, and I assume I am pool mining, do I see a direct payment result of that found block? or because I am pool mining it is spread across the pool?
I saw someone mention a larger $440 block found, so I'm wondering if found blocks on my home page directly relate to more profit for me?
GregoryGHarding

Re: Trying to understand/learn

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:45 pm

you only gain block reward if you are solo mining, as of now i can assume your not using m=solo c=[coinname]

with solo mining you are only credited for value of blocks found + block reward + any merge mined shares not including regular shares of whatever coin youre solo mining

if you wish to slow down coin switching so only certain difficulties are switched to look at h= in the help section. but most profitable way to mine is a blank password or only use a=,n=
mrgoldy

Post by mrgoldy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:57 pm

correct....I'm not solo. not sure I want to attempt that, but I am seeing that I find blocks every once in awhile
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:00 pm

mrgoldy wrote:correct....I'm not solo. not sure I want to attempt that, but I am seeing that I find blocks every once in awhile
so those blocks are shared among the miners, if you wanted to go solo and find blocks, just know its a gamble. especially if you rent hashpower
mrgoldy

Post by mrgoldy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:03 pm

Regarding my understanding above. Is how I perceive it correct?

any comments on the payout coin of choice?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:18 pm

mrgoldy wrote:Regarding my understanding above. Is how I perceive it correct?

any comments on the payout coin of choice?
its all preference. i dont recommend bitcoin because minimum is 250$
i use litecoin and i tip chris
thinking about switching to eth as payout soon
So as I understand
As long as my miner(s) is Hashrate/kWh profitable for some coins on that algo(checking on calculator sites)
and I point it to prohashing, prohashing then flips between the most profitable coins giving me the best achievable profit for my miner, and my payout is whatever coin I choose.
100% correct