L3+ 08 firmware

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Grums

Re: L3+ 08 firmware

Post by Grums » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Appreciate it hashingpro! Upgraded and seeing those lower temps and a slightly higher hashrate, neat. Thanks again! Hopefully those rogue reboots will have gone away as well.
Kfedorek

Post by Kfedorek » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:24 pm

i keep getting "" Hardware Version Socket connect failed: Connection refused ""
raptor

Post by raptor » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:17 am

i was a litlle to quick with praise.. The hashrate of one of my L3+es started droping to zero since yesterday and restart would be required to get it started again but after 10 minutes or so it would drop down to 0 again. I reverted to firmware from april and this seemed to have solve the problem.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Started dropping to 0?
On this site, on other sites, on all the sites?

It could have just been issues with this pool,it happens a lot, going down, long periods of outages and sometimes restarts.

Sorry the newest firmware didnt work for you.
Maybe the next one they release will work and solve your issue.
raptor

Post by raptor » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:03 am

yeah i mean when i look at miner status page..
image uploader

I really don't understand what the problem is.. And i really find it aanoying because i would very much like to use new firmware because it brings the temps way down.
Conrad

Post by Conrad » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:27 pm

How do you upgrade the firmware? When I download the .tar there are 3 files, do I upload one of them to flash the firmware in the Antminer software? System -> Upgrade-> Flash new Firmware?
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 pm

you leave the file as it is .tar.gz
and point the miner to the whole thing AS DOWNLOADED, do not extract it.
HashAway7

Post by HashAway7 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:22 am

thanks for the headsup. I have loaded the new FW with no issues. As others have reported, I am seeing faster fan speeds and lower temps, which is good...however, this also means more fan noise :)
Arrazola

Post by Arrazola » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:55 pm

Hello miners... Updated my new L3+ to the August 25th firmware and the fan noise is horrible! Tried to find the 8/9/17 filesystem firmware to revert, but it seems to be no where in sight. Finally reverted to the 4/27/17 version and experiencing reboots throughout the day.

Does anyone have a link to download the 8/9/17 firmware that my L3+ came with??? Apparently, the config backup on the L3+ only saves config and not the filesystem :o Or even the exact filename for online search???

Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:05 am

The fan noise is because the firmware updated the fans to go faster to keep them a bit cooler.

You can select to put the fans at a lower speed and use the new firmware with the old fan speeds to maintain the same level of quiet you had before.
Or lower them, run the miner a bit hotter and quieter, your choices.

The rebooting issues were stopped after I upgraded to the 8-25 firmware which is why i posted it originally some others with me were having that issue 10 times a day and that stopped it solidly so wanted to share so they could get fixed also.