Forfeited balance

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Forfeited balance

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:56 am

mycide wrote:Look i was solo mining DGB at some point, experimented for about 2 days, one day i made all time high. second day i made 1 block.
coinwarz statistics that i checked every few hours all days long, as im home all day, i have full check on my rigs and what is going on.
Days to generate one block mining solo: 0.08 Day Difficulty at DGB fluctuated around 0.07-0.1 days.
the first day i made good, found many blocks andtopped my earnings for the day with 250 usd, like 10k DGB or something. DGB had higher price then aswell. Second day was a lot worse solo mining. and i went back to PPS at some point. and my profits went back to normal.

The amount you have pulled from me now is absolutely not correct in any way..

my earning according to pps is average andd the solo mined time is if you average it out for the 2 days that all i solo mined DGB was faulty profits... That is just unbelievable with an average block every 0.07 days. basically, what you pulled from me, means those two days solo for me was more or less 0 usd.

I really do not appreciate having my funds forfeited like this, on grounds that i can not see anywhere, what i can see on the ther hand is amounts way over 200 usd lost over the total time hashing here because of your stability issues. This is apunch in the face my dear brothers, and you better understand it.
I understand your frustration, but you were not paid what you were promised in our documentation, which clearly states that solo mining only pays the coins mined in the blocks the customer finds. Instead, you were paid for those blocks plus the pay per share value, which was not what was promised. The text in the help makes clear what the terms are and all miners could have used any of the information from the earnings page to see that the payouts were almost double the live balances.

From August 27 to September 13, you earned well over what the formula promised, well over what other miners at the pool were earning, and well over what other pools were paying - and you are only being forced to pay back a portion of what was incorrectly given to you. While I would not be completely pleased that I had to pay back some of what was owed, hopefully you can agree that you made an enormous gain, that miners who were not so fortunate to have accidentally uncovered this would love to be in your position, and that criticism about earning extra money is perhaps not the most reasonable argument here.
mycide

Post by mycide » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:20 am

i do enjoy this pool, and i dont have the constitution right now to continue putting efforts on this subject, to me it doesnt add up, and im going to take your word for it. But you really have to invest your profits from your hobby back into the pool to get rid of this things, its hurting your pool and your reputation. The problem i see is that you provide a service that not many others do, you can afford to play the line if you wanted to make more profits, and when the crypto world is filed with scammers and untrusthworhy party's this is what hapens when you claim out of nowhere old profits where not right and then just take them from your users...

You can not let this happen ever ever again from a business perspective this is pure suicide.

You got full time jobs on top of this hobby where you earn obscene amounts of money, i dont want to see again you saying not worth investing money in the pool to improve stability. Customer is always right, and you my friend is in the service sector, you might be great engineers but you are not very good at understanding people and how they react to your actions. if Something you need an PR consult or Customer service representative that know how to communicate. You do keep us up to date and your not avoiding us, that is very good, but the way you implement some things or reason, is completely wrong if you want your users/customer base to build trust with you for the long run, did you take any of this into consideration when you and your brother discussed the future of the pool?
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:37 am

mycide wrote:i do enjoy this pool, and i dont have the constitution right now to continue putting efforts on this subject, to me it doesnt add up, and im going to take your word for it. But you really have to invest your profits from your hobby back into the pool to get rid of this things, its hurting your pool and your reputation. The problem i see is that you provide a service that not many others do, you can afford to play the line if you wanted to make more profits, and when the crypto world is filed with scammers and untrusthworhy party's this is what hapens when you claim out of nowhere old profits where not right and then just take them from your users...

You can not let this happen ever ever again from a business perspective this is pure suicide.

You got full time jobs on top of this hobby where you earn obscene amounts of money, i dont want to see again you saying not worth investing money in the pool to improve stability. Customer is always right, and you my friend is in the service sector, you might be great engineers but you are not very good at understanding people and how they react to your actions. if Something you need an PR consult or Customer service representative that know how to communicate. You do keep us up to date and your not avoiding us, that is very good, but the way you implement some things or reason, is completely wrong if you want your users/customer base to build trust with you for the long run, did you take any of this into consideration when you and your brother discussed the future of the pool?
I apologize for this issue, and as you can see, we're trying to do the best we can by allowing miners to retain the earnings they made before yesterday even though they were overpaid. There were several miners who made enormous amounts of money as a result of the issue and the clawbacks represent only about 20% of their bonuses.

Unfortunately, it is not true that a lot of money is being earned from this project right now. Due to this issue, no money was earned for the past few weeks. That was given to miners with our decision not to clawback all the money. Even with it fixed, we need to assume that bitcoin prices will be $980 for our calculations - not the $5000 they were a while ago - because as you can see bubbles are rare and declining prices is usually the norm.

Right now, we are in the process of trying to improve the quality of the system, and decided on a plan on September 2. The next step in that process is to talk to a lawyer, and we can't proceed any further until we are able to meet with him. Once we can get on a lawyer's calendar and make sure that we're not missing any laws, then we hope to be able to announce additional steps we're taking.

Thanks for being understanding!

--------------

I also wanted to point out to others who might be misunderstanding this issue. This is not money that actually exists. Miners were paid for the solo blocks they actually mined, and then the numbers in the database were increased again for work they did not perform. The balance adjustments simply reduce the amount of money that was overpaid to miners from our personal accounts by about 20%.
Last edited by Steve Sokolowski on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
UPSoft

Post by UPSoft » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:37 am

Accept your mistake. return founded blocks, and move on... its not cool to take everything
SpacedCowboy

Post by SpacedCowboy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:16 am

UPSoft wrote:Accept your mistake. return founded blocks, and move on... its not cool to take everything
I agree with UPSoft. The miners who cheated the system ought to return all the funds they were overpaid, not just 20% of it.
mycide

Post by mycide » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:18 am

Nobody cheated the system? There was an error on pool side making pool issue both PPS and solo mining. I still cant get it to add up in my case, but ill let this one slide...
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:28 am

SpacedCowboy wrote:
UPSoft wrote:Accept your mistake. return founded blocks, and move on... its not cool to take everything
I agree with UPSoft. The miners who cheated the system ought to return all the funds they were overpaid, not just 20% of it.
We're not even asking for that. I'm not going to get into "cheaters" and whether people fit that definition, but I will say that proof exists that some people knowingly took advantage of the issue, they made huge amounts of money as a result, and a significant number of the complaints in the forums are from those same people.

This is why I have difficulty understanding most of the complaints. It's possible that we made a mistake in the query for one or two people, and if so we'll be glad to correct it in support tickets. However, if I were in the position of a few of the customers who are complaining, I would be thankful for what I got away with and be a little less talkative about the issue.
lilbob

Post by lilbob » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:42 am

ahhh i see. it was my understanding, before even the update, that we were paid a fraction of a pps share, while soloing, for helping the others to find block in the pool. i did not realise we had been getting bonuses on top.... if that is the case, it has been since your server update, and lead users like me to beleive that this was the current operation.
p.s. I do appreciate the help you are giving to clarify with the tickets and all
interlex

Post by interlex » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:17 pm

hi i just jad a fortified payment too what do i do about it??
bluelemonadecrypto

Post by bluelemonadecrypto » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:02 pm

So I am mining Gamecredit solo right now and still getting small regular merged mining PPS credits as of now.

Is this right or not?

And how is this different that what was going on before?

See extract below:

General
Algorithm Scrypt
Primary coin you mined GameCredit
Block number 1777367
Target difficulty 131072
Submitted difficulty 154283.09474130944
Pool status Accepted
Blocks found No blocks found
Submission time 15/09/2017 07:42:45
Work restart time 0.407 seconds
Work restart efficiency 100.00%
Average work restart efficiency 100.00%
Earnings
Argentum -> GameCredit
Actual payout proportion 100%
Target payout proportion 100%

Mined coins 0.0003182759332513 Argentums
Pool fee 4.99%
Pool profit 0.0000167161025884 Argentums
Orphan/lost block rate (Argentum) 5.79%
Orphan/lost block penalty 0.0000195762939437 Argentums
Work restart adjustment -
Mined coin weight 100.0%

Exchange rate 0.0039362235474168 GameCredits per Argentum
Earned coins 0.0000012528052230 GameCredits
Dollar equivalent $0.0000015338410158 (time of mining)

GameCredit -> GameCredit
Actual payout proportion 100%
Target payout proportion 100%

Mined coins 0.0023221376551914 GameCredits
Pool fee 4.99%
Pool profit 0.0001219604978361 GameCredits
Orphan/lost block rate (GameCredit) 4.61%
Orphan/lost block penalty 0.0001122534075742 GameCredits
Work restart adjustment -
Mined coin weight 100.0%

Exchange rate -
Earned coins 0.0023221376551914 GameCredits
Dollar equivalent $0.0027419135826225 (time of mining)

etc
etc
etc