Chris opened new accounts

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Chris opened new accounts

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Chris opened a few new accounts, now that we believe the server can support about 5-6TH/s due to another round of performance updates.

If you've been waiting to register, now's a good time to do so! Registrations will close again if we see CPU usage rising above 70%.
FRISKIE

Re: Chris opened new accounts

Post by FRISKIE » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:20 pm

Steve, why wouldn't you at least test it at current user levels to establish a baseline before adding further variability?
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:55 pm

FRISKIE wrote:Steve, why wouldn't you at least test it at current user levels to establish a baseline before adding further variability?
https://giphy.com/gifs/LCdPNT81vlv3y/html5
jaybizz

Post by jaybizz » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:15 pm

Agreed, probably should see how performance is for at least a few days before throwing more wood on the fire. As it stands, it seems that the improvements have finally solved my stale/reject issues, so hopefully that continues. I'd hope that if it's shown the CPU issue to be the main cause of the stale shares, that you would halt registrations well in advance of the same problem in the future.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:23 pm

jaybizz wrote:Agreed, probably should see how performance is for at least a few days before throwing more wood on the fire. As it stands, it seems that the improvements have finally solved my stale/reject issues, so hopefully that continues. I'd hope that if it's shown the CPU issue to be the main cause of the stale shares, that you would halt registrations well in advance of the same problem in the future.
That's what we plan to do. If the hashrate reaches 6 TH/s before we can parallelize coin assignment, then we'll close registrations.

However, since I'm working on performance improvements in the absence of problems, it's possible we may be able to get the numbers up before they become a problem.
vinylwasp

Post by vinylwasp » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:27 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
jaybizz wrote:Agreed, probably should see how performance is for at least a few days before throwing more wood on the fire. As it stands, it seems that the improvements have finally solved my stale/reject issues, so hopefully that continues. I'd hope that if it's shown the CPU issue to be the main cause of the stale shares, that you would halt registrations well in advance of the same problem in the future.
That's what we plan to do. If the hashrate reaches 6 TH/s before we can parallelize coin assignment, then we'll close registrations.

However, since I'm working on performance improvements in the absence of problems, it's possible we may be able to get the numbers up before they become a problem.
Any update as to what happened on Sunday Night/Monday morning Steve?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:00 am

vinylwasp wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:

Any update as to what happened on Sunday Night/Monday morning Steve?
What in particular are you referring to?