Chris to issue share corrections

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Jalapan

Re: Chris to issue share corrections

Post by Jalapan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:12 am

I have a ticket open that they responded to, lets see what conclusion they will make..
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:37 am

I reviewed all profits for today and there is no evidence that any significant number of shares were lost. I saw a total of about 1000 shares lost over the entire course of the day, which averages to about 0.01 cents per user. No matter how hard we work, there is always going to be some level of baseline errors. By contrast, 20m shares were lost in one hour yesterday, which Chris credited to miners.

Before reporting share losses, please review the "recent submitted shares" chart to determine if any shares were lost.

If you are simply comparing your earnings from yesterday to today, then it is likely that you're simply seeing the natural progression of profitability declining over time, as is expected in mining. Expect scrypt profitability to level out at 0.5 cents within the next year or so.
Jalapan

Post by Jalapan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:54 am

There is an easy way to see. for example look at the scrypt price you post for previous day.
You take the scrypt price. for example 3rd of september the scrypt price was 7.44

7.44 / 100 then multiply with how many MH/s you got, for example 1 antminer = 7.44 / 100 = 0,0744
0,0744 x 500MH/s = 37,2$

So 1 antminer should have earned about 37$ yesterday.. and when users report 1 antminer earned them only 28$ you know something is off.

Lets say i had 10GH/s .. i dont but lets play with this number.. with 1GH/s i should have earned 74$ yesterday.. but i only earned 63$ this is a fact because i have 1 GH/s from my 2 antminers(your site even says its a little higher 1.05-1.1GH/s).

Now 74$ x 10GH/s = 740$ with 10 GH/s
the actual earning i got was only 63 but lets take 63x10 thats 630$
thats 144$ of value vanished into thin air that is lost.. even tho your scrypt price said it would put me at 740$..

Thats a 16% loss.. from what? your fees are already deducted from the price on ur fronpage.. this means the miners only have 86% efficency.. this is insane..

I have the same statistics from 30august untill today 4th sept. eg my payouts dont match the scrypt price you advertise even with deducted fees

note that this is also not overexagurated as an antminer l3+ has 504MH/s..

If im totally out of the blue here someone please enlighten me.

I really like prohashing but when nicehash pays 10-20% more im forced to leave.. even tho i dont even like nicehash..

It should be fairly easy for you to look on my account and compare to your scrypt price and tell that something is wrong.. maybe it can point you towards what the issue is.

it looks like the stratum accepts the share but sometimes dont credit the balance..

And this is not because lower scrypt price because my calculations are based on the price you advertise..
Last edited by Jalapan on Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:50 am

I just compare it to Litecoinpool, i would have made 20% more there yesterday :cry:
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:36 am

I know that there are some issues with the share inserter that need to be investigated, and we plan to do that Thursday or Friday.

We do know for certain that there is not an issue where we have huge amounts of unaccounted for profit, so either there is a miscommunication about what the number means, the number itself is being computed incorrectly, or the earnings are being distributed incorrectly to the wrong miners. We'll find out more on Thursday.
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:19 pm

Thanks for the info Steve,

I think in the addition to the early downfall i lost 20% in worth due to market loss.. (I don't know if my life balance adjust in $/LTC amount due to market changes or is paid out at the moment itself {live}) For comparison is it true a share at one hour can be 1$ and the other hour 1.04 or 0.96? Or is my total shares of 1 day calculated at the end of the day at payout time (and in dollars or in ltc if i only have ltc?) ?

I don't know if you've seen the payout system of litecoinpool, like every 3 hours and if you change anything in your major payout settings (like wallets #'s) it won't payout for at least 24 hours (so you can do security confirmations of the change on user and pool side)
Jalapan

Post by Jalapan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:59 pm

As you can see from my example there is something funny going on, 15% of shares are not credited or lost somewhere on the way.
Gr33k

Post by Gr33k » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:07 pm

From the math there would seem to be a bit less paid out than one would expect. Pool profitability is still pretty high so I don't see a huge loss in mining profitability.

Stale/Rejected shares exist too which affect payout....price fluctuations in the value of coins should account to less coins but not overall profits.

Something doesn't seem right still is my 2 cents.